Registering a Mariner 4 in Indiana?

bob8913

Recruit
I purchased a Mariner 4 on Amazon and a Newport Vessels trolling motor on FB Marketplace. I have been to the BMV twice and they keep telling me I have to get the bill of sale from Intex to Amazon AND bring the motor in for a VIN inspection (which is total bs, its not a vehicle).

Does anyone have any experience with actually getting this registered in Indiana? It shouldn’t be this hard. Its an inflatable boat, for craps sake.

matt167

Captain
It sounds correct. Once you put your motor on it, it is a motor vehicle and they do have HIN numbers. You can generate a statement of origin from intex website. I did it in NY a couple years ago. Your states regulation for a boat registration will take it from there. Inspections ect

And yes when you bring in an Amazon receipt in for a sales receipt for a boat the clerk might give you a look.

bob8913

Recruit
It sounds correct. Once you put your motor on it, it is a motor vehicle and they do have HIN numbers. You can generate a statement of origin from intex website. I did it in NY a couple years ago. Your states regulation for a boat registration will take it from there. Inspections ect

And yes when you bring in an Amazon receipt in for a sales receipt for a boat the clerk might give you a look.
I got the statement of origin from Intex, but I seriously doubt that Amazon will provide me the bill of sale from when Intex sold it to Amazon. That’s what they’re asking for. I’m hoping someone from Indiana will chime in. Thank you for your response.