"REFUSED"

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class
This may not be the proper venue, but in the wake of this week's events I'm gonna do it anyway. The needs of this great country of ours are monstrous. As such, I don't think I could stomach cashing my federal income tax refund check. So, if and when I receive it, I will write "REFUSED" on the envelope, and return it to sender. I invite everyone to join me in this demonstration of solidarity at this time.<br /><br />As you can tell from the hour of this posting, I can't sleep, thinking of the inestimable magnitude of human suffering in other areas. God Bless America and all those risking their lives, working to dig her out of the rubble of this unthinkable event. I can't imagine what it must be like there at "ground zero".<br /><br />Thanx for listening,<br /><br />Dave

rwise

Captain
Re: "REFUSED"

Beernutz<br />It would be much better if signed the back and donated it to the releaf/rescue work. I'll say no more.<br />Richard

gwp

Seaman

My advice to you is to send a donation to relief efforts in NY/DC if that is your concern. Otherwise, by refusing YOUR money that was returned to you, you will be supporting a variety of ineffective entitlement programs.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Beernutz. What you propose is a noble gesture, but counterproductive. Our President got that rebate for you to put into circulation to stimulate our economy. We need that even more than before.<br /><br />I appreciate your grief and desire to DO something. The best thing you can do now. . .for yourself and for our country. . .is to dry your tears, roll up your sleeves and get on with life. There will be sacrifices to make, believe me, and GWB will let us know what, when and how.<br /><br />If we allow ourselves to be paralyzed with grief and fear the terrorists have won.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

ericneil

Recruit

The Democrats (you may be one) supported a program that spent $4 million last year to educate people living in government assisted housing on the joys of aroma therapy and the healing power of crystals. Do you think politicians know how to spend your $600 better than you do? If so, I feel pity for you. If not, follow others advice and donate to relief efforts or spend it to stimulate the economy. Take the check and use your head, not your heart.

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanx for the input. Guess I wasn't thinking right in the middle of the night.

MercilessMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are a noble man BEERNUTA, your heart is genuine! Americans like you are what make America what it is!<br /><br />U S A # 1

steury

Seaman Apprentice

Beernutz,<br />I agree that the nation is in deep right now. But no where else in the world is there a combination of people more able and willing to get out and make everyone know America is the land of the free. I refuse to live in fear or shock. I prefer to remember the thousands of lives lost in the tragedy by living the life they might have wanted to. By enjoying the freedoms they, and potentially others, have and will die for. I too stand by my country and its government and will give anything to see this end. My money has already gone to NY.<br /><br />Thanks for listening, this is tragic. My love and prayers to all, and my GOD BLESS AMERICA.<br /><br />Off the box now.<br />Carl

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Dave, We are a sleepless nation right now.<br />We must all contribute what and where we can.But before giving the buck back, read it.<br />It may inspire some hope.<br />Our nations heart is bleeding. None of us can sleep very well, i don't think.<br />We can't just throw money at this one.<br />Beernutz, only evil people are capable of evil acts,and decent people must remain decent. Otherwise, evil wins. So even if you don't beleive in a higher power, beleive in the decency of America. We are more united than ever before, and wonderfull things can be done when we are one. If only one good thing comes out of this, it is that we are the UNITED States.<br />I believe in prayer, even tho most of them go unanswered. God is buisy.The universe must be so evil,it keeps him occupied. But he had to see this one!<br />And our collective prayers will be heard.<br />I sure hope so anyway.<br />So,wave Old Glory with pride, and pray for us all. In God,we trust.

flatsman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well -I know your heart is in the right place , but put it into circulation so it will multiply and create jobs ----Thanks for being a real American and Neil is has headed ya in the right direction

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Spend it Dave!! There will be plenty opportunities to support good cause in the days to come. Besides...your money spent is someone else's income. Income = taxes. Taxes = money. Lot's and lot's of money to spend on things that go boom in the night!! Mr. Bin Laden, can you say "tom-a-hawk"?? <br /><br />Walt<br /><br />PS: Hey, I just want to say that I really admire where your spirit lies... If I had it my way, I'd spend my kids college fund in order to purchase my own Tomahawk... hee, hee. How I'd love to pull the trigger on one of those with a pre-programmed destination aimed directly at Mr. Bin Laden's bung... Pucker up, baby!! Go get 'em George!!

kenthrussell

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi great thought!!! really what should happen is and beleive me i am not a red neck but they should close all muslim churches and send them back...... i beleive there are many sleepers out there as they call these people and we should really take a closer look at who is coming into our country!!!