Refrigerator 1.9cu ac/dc

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
Looking some cheaper suggestions then a norcold refrigerator. My norcold runs for 2 mins and thats it

mr 88

Commander
Maybe try troubleshooting it. If it runs for a couple minutes then shuts off you at least know it somewhat works. I have one that wouldn't run on DC , pulled the circuit board assembly out and removed cover. There were a few spaded connections that I removed , cleaned up and plugged back in , been working fine since then. Try googling Norcold Fridge doesn't stay running or something like that.

Wave34

Petty Officer 1st Class
You didn't say if the problem was on AC or DC or both.

On my boat, the fridge was working fine on AC power, but on DC, it started, then after 20s it stopped.
The problem was 2 things.
1. the breaker was resistive and dropping voltage
2. the ground wire was resistive also and dropping voltage

I change the breaker and passed another ground wire and now it works like a champ.

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
You didn't say if the problem was on AC or DC or both.

On my boat, the fridge was working fine on AC power, but on DC, it started, then after 20s it stopped.
The problem was 2 things.
1. the breaker was resistive and dropping voltage
2. the ground wire was resistive also and dropping voltage

I change the breaker and passed another ground wire and now it works like a champ.
Thanks for the response, it doesn't work on both ac/dc i pulled it out today and i bypassed 2 wires and it fired right up.the two wires lead to the temp control box on the inside of the fridge.so tomorrow im going to try and rig up a universal control box.least your works likea champ saved yourself $$$$$

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Had one years ago like that. My brother connected the two wires at the control together in the morning, let it get as cold as possible then unhooked. Good for the day anyway, we sold it shortly after. A new controll would have been better.