REFLOORING?

MCAMACHO2005

Cadet
I have a 16 ft 1991 bay skiff.. There are a few soft spots in the floor and right in front of the console there is a crack in the floor.. From the rough ride of the flat bottom.. What is the best way to approach this project???<br /><br />thanks

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: REFLOORING?

Sounds like it's time to replace the floor. I'm facing the same project although mine was due to water intrusion and rot. It's probably a good time to check the stringers as well. It's not an easy job but it will add years of life to your boat. Approach this project knowing it will take some time depending on how much help you have. Shouldn't be too expensive...couple hundred dollars for materials. Have fun and send some pics. We all love to see other's handy work.

MCAMACHO2005

Cadet

Should i go about doing the job the same way even though my boat is a flat bottom??<br /><br />The floor and the sides are all 1 peace... It sits in the bottom of the boat...

eba1225

Cadet

I aquired a 1974 Bayliner and an going through the same process, luckilly the stringers we not rotted, but the foam that was in between was wet when removed. I am at the stage of cutting the new floor and reinstalling. It is day 20 of the project, granted I haven't spent all day every day working on it.<br /><br />I got this boat knowing that it would be a lot of work but strung out over time I would have a great boat that was like new. <br /><br />In additon to the floor I will be replacing the motor and the stern drive.<br /><br />Basically the boat is down to the bare hull.

Realgun

Commander

eba1225 Have you seen my project?<br />Took me two years but its almost done.<br /> Look at the link in my signature.