Reflections of a Mother

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
"Reflections of a Mother... "<br /> <br />I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.<br /><br />I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.<br /><br />I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to<br /> lead you.<br /><br />I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it.<br /><br />I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.<br /><br />I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always<br /> decide for you.<br /><br />I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you<br /> beautiful inside.<br /><br />I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you.<br /><br />I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.<br /><br />I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.<br /><br />I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show<br /> honor.<br /><br />I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them<br /> for you.<br /><br />I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure.<br /><br />I can tell you the facts of life, but I can't build your<br /> reputation.<br /><br />I can tell you about drink, but I can't say "no" for you.<br /><br />I can warn you about drugs but I can't prevent you from<br /> using them.<br /><br />I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can't achieve them<br /> for you.<br /><br />I can teach you about kindness, but I can't force you to<br /> be gracious.<br /><br />I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make you moral<br /><br />I can love you as a child, but I cannot place you in G-d's<br /> family.<br /><br />I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with G-d.<br /><br />I can teach you about G-d, but I cannot make G-d<br /> your Lord.<br /><br />I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal<br /> life<br /><br />I can love you with unconditional love all of my life.....<br /> and I will !!!<br /> <br />Always , Mom<br /><br /><br />Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Reflections of a Mother

Thank you Lester. That was beautiful.
flowerface.gif

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Really nice Les. Ain't nothin' in the whole world like a Mom.

LadyFish

Admiral

Did you remember to buy your mother flowers? Call her and wish her a happy day? Make<br />arrangements to buy her dinner? Did you give her a big hug and tell you that you love her?<br /><br />It is a sad thing that with the increased mobility of America so many of us live far away from our families. When I was young, get-togethers at the home of my grandparents would fill the house with people, the driveways with cars, and the air filled with 20 different simultaneous conversations. Now I barely recognize holidays. <br /><br />There is a magic in the air that is no longer present– the warmth and comradery of the extended family.<br /><br />The world is different today. We can't even win a war against a third world country because some believe that any action taking longer than a year is a quagmire. <br /><br />I think back on the America that my parents grew up with, and in some ways I envy them. They had the patience to watch trees grow. We can't even wait for the coffee to stop dripping to take our first cup.<br /><br />Now, more than ever, we need to learn from our parents that which we have forgotten- that some things take time, require sacrifice, and are sometimes painful. <br /><br />Today, cherish your mother. None of us know how much longer we have with them, or they with us. It is an uncertain world we live in. Live each day to its fullest. Never let the sun go down without telling someone that you love them.