Reflection coupled with suffering/withdrawl

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
I like to believe that I do not suffer from poor decision making prompted by hairtrigger impulses, but I think my post yesterday is evidence that even I am less than perfect, even hypocritical on occasion. I regret that. After my post yesterday I went for a nice 2.5 mile run. That is how I deal with things. I dealt with my divorce and other not so great events in my life with excercise, now is no different. I was able to reflect while running. I tend to solve a lot of problems when causing myself pain and suffering, don't know why.<br /><br />I realized that there was no true reason for me to feel the way I did. I myself was not attacked. In fact, I usually rarely even get negative postings aimed at me. I am disagreed with, but that is not the same, that is normal and to be expected. I had no problem with Souls link, I had a huge problem with therivers response and Souls subsequent response. I guess, even though I am not religious, I hold those who are religious to their standards, and I went off on Soul because I felt like the christian thing to do would have been to just ignore therivers post entirely. Water off of a ducks back. No one is perfect, I need to always remember that, so I appologize to Soulwinner, he didn't deserve the flaming I gave him.<br /><br />I really honestly tried to stay away, but I have checked iboats almost every day since I first came here, even if I don't always post. Those who have tried to quit smoking can relate. I don't want to see DC converted to a forum where no one can say anything because someone else won't like it. If I don't want to read about it, then I shouldn't read it. I can't help it though, because I want to understand everyones viewpoint. That is the only way I can maintain what I like to believe is an open mind. I have to read the religion posts, the political posts, whatever, because it teaches me things about subjects I don't agree with or believe in. I don't feel I have the right to knock something if I don't know anything about it. What I need to do a better job with is to just ignore those who are not contributing in a productive manner, and respond to those who are productive.<br /><br />I am not saying I will be seen here a lot, but I am saying that I am stepping way back and just cruising for awhile, lurking in the background and seeing how things go. I start my police academy training on Jan 4th, so that will greatly reduce my cabin fever. I have been doing police stuff, training, dealing with dirtbags, ride alongs and stuff, and it has been very interesting so far. I have dealt with meth busts, seizures, that dead missing guy, all sorts of things. <br /><br />This is all pre fun though. After academy ends in late March, then its more training. This is all in addition to my regular job which will pick back up in February. The hope is to do the part time cop gig, full time bug killing gig until I get on full time at the PD, which should be sometime in 05. Anyway, I am sorry I was a dumb arse, I know better, it won't happen again unless it happens again....

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Reflection coupled with suffering/withdrawl

Welcome back JJ.

crab bait

Captain

glad you came back.. funny how different people 'clear' their senses..<br /><br />YOU...2 1/2 mile run.. <br /><br />ME... a 12 pack..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

JJ, we all get carried away at times.<br />My hardest one's are when people make reference to the 9/11 disaster, either good or bad, it strikes home to me more than most here, but I have learned to read and go on and that is what you have to do here.<br /><br />You are a productive member of this place and you need to hang around, if not down here, then in the other forums.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

BTW Jason, in your other thread I was gonna go on about you inspiring yours truly to do a projy I called "another beast". At the time I posted about my AB projy I was into doing a Slikker.<br />Well, I cut the Slikker projy off, sold 'er on ebay. Why? Lost interest do to that one being just a runabout.<br /><br />But, the center console AB will be done. Just need spring to roll around again.<br />
b1.JPG

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey, Jason....You know me and my temper! :D <br />And you just keep calling them like you see them.<br />You are amoung friends here with very few exceptions.<br /><br />My wife calls my bad days "MPMS" lol

D

DJ

Jason,<br /><br />Thanks for coming back. You are part of the backbone of this board. We, especially me, appreciate your craftsmanship skills.<br /><br />It took a great deal of reflection and fortitude to post what you just did and realize that we are all just people with differing opinions.<br /><br />My hat's off.<br /><br />BTW, best of luck to you on your Police academy training. Please keep us advised of how things are going.<br /><br />I'm pulling for you.<br /><br />Respectfully, <br /><br />DJ

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Good to see that reason prevailed, JJ. You've been a feature since I started here. Woulda hated to see you evaporate! ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

JJ, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I am far from perfect, but I am trying my best. You are a great guy, way better than me. I know that. Believe me, I know what and who I am in the greater scheme of things. I ain't much, and I haven't done the things you have done. I don't have the capacity. Peace bro.

Skinnywater

Commander

Atta boy, you went and put things into perspective. ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

JasonJ <br />Followed the other post. (did not like it) But it did have a nice ending :) <br /><br />I have always enjoyed our conversations here or on the tech side. Your a stand up guy in my book.<br /><br />And being the selfish person I am, I would not have just let you walk out of my life! After all someone has to tell you to move before a ice sickle drops off your house :) (pic from winter 03)<br /><br />Besides if its chasing Bugs out of the house or putting them Bugs on a hook to catch fins..<br />your the expert! <br /><br />Now remember to look for iboats stickers when pulling people over :D :D :D

aspeck

Staff member

JasonJ, glad you are back. I also was following the other post, and it is a bit hard at times to post from here (Ghana, where we connect through a radio phone dial-up connection, and on a good day we connect at 14.4 - sometimes as low as 4!). Anyway, I agree with your sentiments, theriver has a knack for shooting off the cuff and not thinking of how it will be recieved by the other person. Soulwinner has the same tendencies, only from the other side of the fence. Put them together, and the fireworks will fly. Both seem equally empassioned about their beliefs.<br /><br />Now, if we can only get them to think of the other side before posting, maybe we can all get along! Anyway, glad you are back! Sure do appreciate your technical posts, your knowledge, AND your contribution to the "cellar dweller" crowd.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

We can't afford to lose members who have the dedication to boats and outboards like JJ. Glad you sorted it out and returned. There are lots of newbies that will benefit. ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

don't worry JJ, I don't fit into most of the<br />streotypes here either.

Carphunter

Commander

JJ, I don't think i've responded to many of your posts, but felt compelled to respond to this one. By this post you have shown your true character. It takes a lot to reflect on something negative you may have done, and then to admit that you may have been wrong. Unfortunately, some here don't seem capable of logical reflection and reasoning.<br /><br />I have been involved in a few "discussions" where I have said things I wished I hadn't. One of the folks I had one of these "discussions" with was good 'ol Mellow. I can say now, that he is one of my favorite fellas that continually posts here. <br /><br />Bottom line is, your a class act for posting this thread JJ. :)

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow JasonJ, 2,5 huh. I use to run 5 minute miles, 20 years ago.... Personal best is 5.24.<br />Where ya looking to get on the force?<br />I've go 20 plus years under my belt, looking to retire in 14 years.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Soulwinner: You need to give yourself more credit. True, a lot of people have done a lot of things you haven't done but you have done a lot of things we haven't done. Who is to say what's important? Be comfortable with who you are and the rest will follow. If we all had the same interests and abilities this would be a dull world indeed. Keep finding people you can help with their problems and you will sleep well at night for years to come.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Trigger, I am getting on in my local PD up here in Sandpoint Idaho. Its not LA but there is enough fun stuff that goes on that will make it interesting. There is a lot of population growth up here now, which is also bringing in the bad element. Drugs, mainly meth, is the big deal here, along with the always popular alcohol issues and domestic violence. We also get a lot of out-of-towners who come here and think they can do anything they want because they don't live here.<br /><br />I used to run under 12 minute 2 milers in the military many moons ago, now I feel pretty happy if I do 16 minute 2 milers. I only need to do 1.5 miles under 16 minutes, which I can do without a problem, but I want to be faster than that. Those darn meth tweekers can run if they put their fried minds to it....

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Those darn meth tweekers can run if they put their fried minds to it....
That statement immediately brought a tune to mind........"Bad Boys, Bad Boys What Ya Gonna Do......"

Stratosfied

Ensign

JJ,<br />Glad its all worked out. Now, personally, I like Crabs 'therapy'. :D ;)