FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Force 50hp and I believe the rectifier needs replacing (failed the diodes test). My neighbor has a rectifier from a 40hp Merc that he is saving as a parts motor. Can I install the Merc rectifier on my Force outboard?
Typically, yes. Only real concern would be wattage and mounting for heat dissipation BUT, generally if their physical size/shape are the same'ish, you're good to go.
Well thanks. I agree if the holes don't line up on my motor I won't do it. My goal is to use it as a test to make sure my battery charges and tach works. I will let you know how I make out.
Well a long story (motor is now at his sons house) but the short of it is my loving wife gave me the go ahead to purchase a new rectifier. It was installed and now everything works fine. The battery is taking a charge and I was able to lower the rpms via the dash tach. Great day