Rectifier Problems.

rioraton

Cadet
I have a Nissan NS A90 3B7-1 90 hp 2 stroke outboard motor. Tach stopped working. I Bought new Faria tach still not working. Tested for a/c 2 volts+/- at ground signal on tach per Faria Tech support. Nothing. Tested rigging harness wiring, Engine Harness wiring for continuity w/o issue. Tested Rectifier signal (white) and Ground (yellow) looking for 5+ A/C voltage at signal wire (per faria Tech) my reading 0.2 Volts A/C w/ engine running. Thinking I can just order new Rectifier with OEM part number 3B776-0650M NOT. I ordered the superseded part 3B7760653 and it was nothing like what I need not even close. Is there any place I can get my rectifier rebuilt or where I can order this 1992 part New OR am I stuck with ebay and their used parts? Lucky for me my rectifier still charges my battery it is just the tach signal that is not working.....funny thing too is I tested the rectifier for forward and reverse bias and it was just fine? I do not understand what is wrong with my rectifier? OH, one last thing the tach stopped working when I connected my battery wrong and it blew the fuse....so I though my be I messed the diode up too but like I said I checked and it seemed to be OK? I am about ready to say screw the tach??

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have a Nissan NS A90 3B7-1 90 hp 2 stroke outboard motor. Tach stopped working. I Bought new Faria tach still not working.
Loosing the tachometer is a sure sign the voltage regulator is gone or on it's way out
Tested for a/c 2 volts+/- at ground signal on tach per Faria Tech support. Nothing. Tested rigging harness wiring, Engine Harness wiring for continuity w/o issue. Tested Rectifier signal (white) and Ground (yellow) looking for 5+ A/C voltage at signal wire (per faria Tech) my reading 0.2 Volts A/C w/ engine running.
It's typically a pulsed (frequency) signal. VM isn't fact enough to capture (read) the pulse. Would need to put a scope on it
Thinking I can just order new Rectifier with OEM part number 3B776-0650M NOT. I ordered the superseded part 3B7760653 and it was nothing like what I need not even close. Is there any place I can get my rectifier rebuilt or where I can order this 1992 part New OR am I stuck with ebay and their used parts?
Looks like the the Tohatsu website is pointing to 3B7760655M as the replacement