Recommendations for a proper manual

Coors

Captain
Re: Recommendations for a proper manual

OMC manual, can get them on e-bay.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

OEM is the only way to go, there is a guy on Ebay that sells manuals. Hopefully someone will remember who it was or post a link. But you might just try searching on ebay.

gregstukey

Seaman

I have the factory issued OMC Cobra stern drive manual. Its very helpful. Is that what you are referring to? Is there one that delves into the more mechanical side of things--like specific "how to's" and diagrams etc.?

bsh21wash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Searayman sells them for more than others though, i would look around. I got mine for $45.

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I agree with the others, go with Searayman on ebay, I did and got a used one. It was brand new with a small grease print on it for $48. Nice of him to sell it to me at the used price. Good seller, no bad feedback. Had no problems with the purchase. I have a Clymer and its worthless, the factory manual is so much better.

Coors

Captain

I keep my Clymers in the boat, just for emergencies, but I print out all Don's, and others responses on "how to.." and put them in the Clymer pos.

njlarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like Don says, get the factory manual, but if you need something faster at a local supplier the seloc is MUCH better than the clymer imho.