Recommendation for where to get my boat winterized - Cleveland, OH area

gdeangel

Seaman
Anyone here have a recommendation?

I've got a Volvo Penta set up and some places don't seem to do work on Volvo's.... the guy's a West Marine down the street said they don't even stock the lower drive oil as Volvo's are rare around here.

So far I've had a few people tell me to stay away from certain shops because a friend of a friend of a ... etc... had their boat messed up my them.

Thanks in advance.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Recommendation for where to get my boat winterized - Cleveland, OH area

Welcome to iboats! Best advice... get a manual, learn, do it yourself... save the money for beer! .... or fuel for the boat. Have a boating buddy help you thru the first one.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Recommendation for where to get my boat winterized - Cleveland, OH area

Try Pier 58 Marine in Pittsfield, mom and pop store. Good price and good service close to 33 yrs.. Lorain has several Marinas that all do good work, but more money. Vermillion some more, and Sandusky has the several "big box" stores, that can store it inside till they get to it.
They all do shrink wrap.
http://pier58.com/

huts
:D

gdeangel

Seaman
Opinion on Beaver Park in Lorain, OH

Opinion on Beaver Park in Lorain, OH

I called Pier 58, but they only work on Merc's.

They suggested Beaver Park marina which is a few miles away right on the lake. Anyone here have any experience with them doing good/bad work?

Thanks!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Opinion on Beaver Park in Lorain, OH

Re: Opinion on Beaver Park in Lorain, OH

Yea, Beaver park is good, I think Beaver and Cooper Kettle are one now. They are side by side, but north and south of each other not east and west. Little harder to get to because of being on the lake than Pier 58.
I've docked the boat at Beaver a couple of times for a month and they were very good, and they have a newer building now for rack storage. I would think they would do 100+ boats a year and some cruisers. So they are not small, just not the 500+ boys in Sandusky.
Huts