FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I don't know if your missing anything or not but the problem(s) you've been having are covered in the "TROUBLR CHECK CHART" of my Evinrude Service Manual and the "TROUBLESHOOTING" section of my Clymer's Manual. Both also give instructions on checking your stator with a VOM.<br />That's why I asked.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty
I rebuilt the fuel pump today...probably didn't need to. it was fine. Someone told me to check the connections on the ignition coils (small wires) coming from the power pack. 3/4 of them were very coroded. I replaced them and cleaned the connections on the coils...hope this was it!
You won't need a tach to do the linc and sync. If you want to check your timing when you're done you'll need a timing light though. The linc and sync with ensure both carbs are opening and closing at exactly the same time and that the advance begins at the right time as well. I have the same manual and it is pretty clear on the procedure but I did have to read it 10x while looking at the linkage to fully appreciate what was happening.