Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

Myke48

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
48
:confused:I just got finished rebuilding the carb on my 1986 75HP merc.
Question,,,where the carb vent overflow is there was a brass fitting with a hole passage that went straight thru the fitting,this is where gas was pouring out,,,,in the new rebuild kit there is a screw with a needle type tip,,looks like the idle screw but much smaller and no spring and no hole passage going thru it,,
Which do I put in the old brass fitting that has the hole passage thru it or the new screw type needle that came with the kit?
If I put the new screw needle type in do I just screw it in or is there an adjustment?
Everything went smooth till I got to this part,,,,
Thanks so much for your help in advance,,,Mike
 

Laddies

Banned
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
12,218
Re: Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

I don't know what came in the kit but your engine requires the size jet it had in it the purposes is to induce a vacuum in the float bowl at mid range to drop the fuel level to lean the mid range fuel mix.
 

Myke48

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
48
Re: Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

Laddies,,,the part on the left was in the engine,,,,the part on the right is what I got in the kit,,and it looks like the part that is in the Seloc manual,,cant see it to clearly in the manual,,laddies I attached an attachment if the link does not work,,thanks again,,Mike


vent.jpg
[/IMG]
 

Attachments

  • vents (211 x 158).jpg
    vents (211 x 158).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0
Top