Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

Myke48

Seaman Apprentice
:confused:I just got finished rebuilding the carb on my 1986 75HP merc.
Question,,,where the carb vent overflow is there was a brass fitting with a hole passage that went straight thru the fitting,this is where gas was pouring out,,,,in the new rebuild kit there is a screw with a needle type tip,,looks like the idle screw but much smaller and no spring and no hole passage going thru it,,
Which do I put in the old brass fitting that has the hole passage thru it or the new screw type needle that came with the kit?
If I put the new screw needle type in do I just screw it in or is there an adjustment?
Everything went smooth till I got to this part,,,,
Thanks so much for your help in advance,,,Mike

Laddies

Banned
Re: Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

I don't know what came in the kit but your engine requires the size jet it had in it the purposes is to induce a vacuum in the float bowl at mid range to drop the fuel level to lean the mid range fuel mix.

Myke48

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rebuilding Carburator Have Question on Vent Fitting

Laddies,,,the part on the left was in the engine,,,,the part on the right is what I got in the kit,,and it looks like the part that is in the Seloc manual,,cant see it to clearly in the manual,,laddies I attached an attachment if the link does not work,,thanks again,,Mike

vent.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• vents (211 x 158).jpg
    vents (211 x 158).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0