FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Where can I find a carburetor and fuel pump rebuild kit for a 1968 18 hp Evinrude (model # 18802m)? All of the kits I have found are for 1969 or new 18 hps.
Where can I find a carburetor and fuel pump rebuild kit for a 1968 18 hp Evinrude (model # 18802m)? All of the kits I have found are for 1969 or new 18 hps.
The fuel pump rebuild will accomplish nothing if yours is good. If the diaphrams aren't torn it's good. Do the carb first. Chances are the fuel pump is fine. Clean it out will fresh fuel before using it. If it has the small square pump with a screw in the middle, take that screw out and clean the screen. Otherwise I wouldn't take it appart unless I had to.