Really in the deep freeze here.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Really in the deep freeze here.

It was 78 for a week straight then that dang cold front came thru and we just barley made 60 today. Brrrrrrrr.
48.gif
<br /><br />Time to drag out the sweaters again.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

A high of 43 and low of 40 today. Brr. to me, but know this isn't even cold. Keep your cup of hot whatever with ya and take care.<br />Bassy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey there, hi Bassy.<br />I knew you were alright, didn't get buried in the snow.<br />The guys around here were worried about you with all the rain and snow out your way. But I knew you were ok. :) <br /><br /><br />Bart Sr. I guess Barlow and I mistakenly thought you were referring to Plymouth WI. Its about 50 miles due north of Milwaukee, 12 miles west of Sheboygan, 30 miles east of Fond du Lac. Its a beautiful area created by the last ice age/glacier. Lots of ravines, hills, etc, twisty two lane roads, hiking and bike trails. Not far from the Road America race track. There is also a a "lower" or southern Kettle Moraine area, located about 50 miles sw of Milwaukee.<br /><br />Sorry for the confusion.<br /><br />Actually I was confused too. As I remember you are in MN, but I had a brain blip.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Roscoe...I did a search on that area and it sounds absolutely gorgeous.Your description put a picture of the area in my mind that makes me want to go spend a couple of days there this summer.<br /><br />Temp -17...wind chill -39

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Roscoe and howdy to you too. Its nice of you to let me know I was thought of and maybe even a little worried about. Aww! <br /><br />Rain? Snow? Here? You betcha! We're still soaked here where I am(2,500 ft elev.). We have had 20+ inches of rain. The snow is at 5,000 ft. elev. and lots of it! We only had one problem from the rain. Some of you may remember a post awhile back regarding a water ram pump in the works. Well, Mr. Bassy had built up a 6 ft. dam to hold back the spring water with a 3 in. pvc pipe through it with a "T" and two huge culverts at the top in case we had rain and the held back water(nice pond that got to 6 ft. deep and about 30 ft. wide) got to the top to see if we could get to 3 gallons a minute. Well, you guessed it. We got more than 3 gpm and the creek became active and got to the rim. Ground around the culverts vibrated and caused a weakness and poof! The dam is all gone. plus some! Rain and more rain rearranged our creek again(not the first time) and we have a new waterfall now. Very pretty, but its always sad when I see all my husband's work washed away. But he's been here before many times and will analyze the situation and attempt it again. The problem is that people above us hold back water with no outlet valve and when they lose their's we get the wall of water and that's what's hard to take. But, all else is fine. The creeks are 50 yds. from the house, so house and all are fine. <br /> Southern California(where all of my family is) are the ones who really got it hard. These people normally get 12" a year and got 12"+ in one month,December. With all of the new development down there people move into very dangerous areas without knowing it. $250,000 home in an old riverbed. Same value house below a huge cliff? That cliff will come down someday you can count on it. What are they thinking? Crazy and down right stupid in my opinion. I don't understand it at all, but its still all very sad. But California will overcome. We always do.<br /> I'm afraid its not over yet. Mother Nature has more planned I think. But I am happy that we'll have plenty of water in my lake this summer. Cool! My bikini sat in the drawer too much this last year and that's a terrible shame! Terrible!<br />Take care all and be safe.<br />Bassy

LadyFish

Admiral

Bassy, it's good to hear from you, glad you're okay. :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

deep freeze long gone. forecast is for 6-10" snow tonight. <br /><br />This will make for excellent dishing on the hill out front for the kids tomorrow!!<br /><br />roscoe, how much total snow on the ground your way?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

It been snowing all day here and supposed to snow all night yet. We got about 6 inches so far and there calling for another 5-6 yet tonight. I'll send it your way when I'm done with it.

cvinroot

Seaman Apprentice

OK, let's stop exaggerating. How many of us have told our wives/girlfriends that this is six inches?<br /><br /> ==============================> :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

pjc, we had about 4 inches on the ground last week.<br />Earlier this week, we got about 4".<br />Today (friday) we got about 4 more --so far.<br />Reports say we will get 4 more tonight.<br /><br />Some people are treating this like a disaster.<br />I say " about friggin time".<br /><br />Drifts up to my knees, but I'm waiting till tomorrow to clear it out.<br /><br />They finally opened the Taylor county snowmobile trails today.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

thanks roscoe. I agree, about time. guy at work says hard winter your way for the critters due to lack of snow for cover. <br /><br />I agree, not a disaster..its Wisconsin man...lots a people at food stores last night stocking up for this lil bit a snow. by this am here we have about 10" or so new stuff. still coming some, and 'sposed to get windy today and drift up snow..cool!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Blowing like a son of a gun here now.<br />It has blown all the new snow cover into drifts.<br />So I have areas with the old snow (4"), and drifts well over the knees.<br /><br />pjc, where you at in Milw?<br />I grew up in Tosa, lived in Milw and Brown Deer,

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

blowing just stopped here roscoe .. suns out w/blue sky. I just watched the neighbor fly down the street on his ski-do..<br /><br />how much snow on your roof? <br /><br />Thinking I need to make time to get up to the shack and check on things.. I don't need any big skylights in that place if ya know what i'm sayin'.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

roscoe, i am in sw washington county. i did at one time live in brown deer as well, on the north side, park plaza condos. by a greek restaurant, the family table and sentry foods. was nice at first 'till the demographics changed and my now bride and I moved to where we are now. ;) <br /><br />'bout a foot of snow and winds kickin it now. :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

They've been saying that we where gonna get a "blizard" and they where right!<br /><br />I started snowing at about six tonight, and its been coming down like crazy since. We are getting about 2inchs a hour, and they are calling for over two feet over all.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Have fun Ryan.<br /><br />SW Washington cnty, pretty area.<br />There was a time when I first moved out of the parents home, that I moved around alot. Brown Deer - Green bay ave and Cnty line rd. Then 107th and Good Hope. Sussex, Me-no-money Falls, Milw - 95th and Capitol. Finally settled on the west side of Butler for a few years till the job went bust, then moved up nort to get away from it all.<br /><br />Snow update, we got about 7-8 inches with lots of drifting. So we have about 12" on the ground, but its not spread evenly.<br />It was all light, fine, and fluffy, so most all of it blew off the roof to the ground. 0* now.<br /><br />Supposed to get some freezing rain on Tues and Wed. The same for the Tomahawk area.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

thanx for the update amd report roscoe. I appreciate it!<br /><br />keep it safe up there