Reaganisms worth repeating

D

DJ

Re: Reaganisms worth repeating

Come on PW2, do you REALLY want to go down the road of comparing the Holocaust, and more, to Abu Graib or Dit-Mo?<br /><br />Get real.<br /><br />What is really disgusting is that you can make a comparison.<br /><br />Our "moral" responsibilty is to be "civilized". Are we perfect-NO! Absolutely not. But, I dare say, we're trying a hell of allot harder. At least we tend to recognize the difference. At least MOST of us.<br /><br />Wake up. If you haven't noticed, we DON'T commit those atrocities, ie; killing, beheading, genocide, etc.<br /><br />If those atrocities are OK with you-say so. <br /><br />Shame on you for making, event the glint, of comparison.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

What was this thread about again?.... :confused: <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />i'm thinking.... :confused: <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />OH YEAH! President Ronny Reagan...<br /><br />Let's see..<br />He was buddy-buddy with sandman hussein back in the good ol' days..<br />The arms for hostages deal..<br />Iran-contra...<br /><br />Here's another Reaganism for ya..<br /> <br />“Facts are stupid things.” ;)

D

DJ

snapper,<br /><br />It's relevant. Those that HATE the US, but choose to stay here, also hate President-Ronald Reagan.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

That's President RR to you, Mister DJ.... :p <br /><br />Anywhoo.. I did'nt/don't hate the man.. I mean really, how could ya hate someone with such good hair... :D

D

DJ

snapper,<br /><br />OOP'S a definenite goof on my part.<br /><br />I corrected it.<br /><br />Thanks for setting me straight.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

DJ, are you saying that PW2 Hates the United States of America?<br />I for one don't believe that.<br /><br />There are times when i can agree and disagree with PW2, but to evoke such harsh language can be percieved to be hateful.

D

DJ

Vlad,<br /><br />Yes, I do.<br /><br />That is my right to "judge", without impunity, except to God-my maker.<br /><br />I'm given, by the US Constitution ,to have the first-like his, it's my job to deal with the latter.<br /><br />Trouble is, IMHO not too many have the balance of the latter to considser. It's no longer a given.<br /><br />Our founding fathers understood both sides. We've lost the latter.<br /><br />We, now, only have ONE side.<br /><br />I would rather trust a diety, I can't see, than a politician, trying-as he/she-says "looking out for me".

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Jeez dude, you really need to go spend some time in your boat, maybe catch a fish or two :D <br /><br />Hey, i'm not looking for an arguement or anything of the sort, you are definitely entitiled to your opinions for i am not one to judge, i leave such delicate matters in the capable hands of the lord,<br />this subject is now closed from my perspective, or as some would say "Nuff said"

Twidget

Commander

Trickle down is fairly easy to explain. If you raise taxes on the people with money(the ones that hire others to work for them), they are more likely to hire more people to work for them. This leads to increased job availablity and a higher tax base. During the Regan era, money received by the government rose above what it was before the tax cuts.<br /><br />The other opinion is to give it to the people who cannot hire anyone to work for them. Dont know about you, but I've never worked for a homeless person before. They ususally dont hire too many people. :)

D

DJ

If you raise taxes on the people with money(the ones that hire others to work for them), they are more likely to hire more people to work for them.
Precisely-BACKWARDS.<br /><br />
i leave such delicate matters in the capable hands of the lord,<br />
That was my point. And, I'll do that next week.

Twidget

Commander

How is that backwards? I'll give an example for my arguement tht we can all relate to.<br /><br />With Pres. Clintons 'little' tax increase, there was a large tariff placed on yachts. The people with the money didn't stop buying yachts, they just bought them in another country and brought them back. It almost wiped out the American yacht manufacturing business. That is why they rolled back the tax.<br /><br />How many people are employed to manufacture and maintain a yacht? Between the actual laborers and the suppliers, I would say more than a few.<br /><br />Im not very high up the income food chain, but I do realize that a small percentage of the population pays a large percentage of our taxes. I know people that get all they put into income tax plus quite a bit back every year. Then they have the cajones to get mad because the Bush tax early refund wasnt given to them. If you dont put in, you shouldn't get it back.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Twidget, give up, they will never get it. They think, no matter what, lowering taxes on the rich is always wrong.<br /><br />And I aint anywhere near rich.<br /><br />President Regan was a really great man.<br /><br />Yes he was a friend of Saddam, but that is because Iran was bigger threat then. I hope we all learned from his mistake.<br /><br />And in regards to Bush admitting mistakes, this is a different world. Back in Regans era, the media had a small amount of respect for the office. Now they have none, and would hang any president (repub or democrat) for headlines.<br /><br />Ken

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

"Some people go their whole lives and wonder if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem".<br /><br />Pres. Reagan's 2nd Inagural Address.

PW2

Commander

DJ, I never made any comparisons regarding abuses. You did.<br /><br />Prisoner abuse is wrong, pure and simple. The notion that one abuse is worse than another is irrelevant.<br /><br />Re supply side economics--different circumstances require different solutions. When Reagan came into office, he faced inflation and a fed rate of more than 20%. Since a simple CD returned 12+ percent return, Venture capital for new or expanding business was difficult to come by. But to get people back to work, business had to expand. Reagan did what he thought was right, thru incentives and lower taxes, to get business going again. And even Reagan knew that deficits were a problem, and he raised taxes to raise revenue at the end.<br /><br />Baby Bush faced almost exactly the opposite problem, and inexplicably tried to use the same solution to the problem, with predictable results.

D

DJ

Baby Bush faced almost exactly the opposite problem, and inexplicably tried to use the same solution to the problem, with predictable results.
That's President Bush.<br /><br />Congress spends money, not the executive branch.<br /><br />As history tells it, we won the cold war under President Reagan and we're winning the war on terrorism under President Bush.