Re-flash FICM on Volvo-penta

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Re-flash FICM on Volvo-penta

http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/toplevel.asp?cat=35

We sell a MEFI 5 real time sensor monitoring, Malfunction Diagnostic Trouble Code clearing, and data logging tool, for MEFI-5, MEFI-5A, PCM-555, ECM-555, Volvo Penta EGC, MerCruiser SmartCraft PCM 03 and 07 CAN based systems. Our OBD2allinone scan tool is $119.95, and utilizes the latest OBD2 CAN bus communications protocol to communicate with the MEFI5, MEFI5A, or other OBD2 CAN based engine controller. We are currently working on adding MEFI5 tuning capability to our MEFIBurn Scan and Tune system. MEFI 5 is the newest generation of MEFI engine controller, initially used by Indmar.

Looks like they support the whole gammit

fvmerl

Cadet
Re: Re-flash FICM on Volvo-penta

OK, got my ECM back from OBD Diagnostics in Redondo Beach, CA. First of all I shipped it to them via UPS and it took a week to get there. They shipped it USPS and I received it in a day and a half. Guess who I'm using next time and it was cheaper. They flashed my Volvo Penta ECM with the new 5.7 specs and it was only $200 plus shipping to them. Highly recommend them if your old ECM need an upgrade.

Took Albe Damn out of Lockwood Folly at Oak Island, NC on Sunday and the seas were smooth except for a few swells. Eased the throttle on up and she ran perfect. With new specs in the old ECM and the "new" 5.7 engine I did not get anything extra on the top end but boy what a hole shot. This could be a ski boat. Now that everything with the engine is worked out (I hope) and pulling the outdrive for some PM on the u-joints, I am looking forward to a season of fishing with only normal maintenance.

Thanks to all of you for guidance and information. Hope to see everyone on the water. FISH ON!!!!