Re: denied for firearm

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Alright guys I got some info. Back in 96 I wrote a hot check for $116.00 and never took care of it. I have a warrent out for my arrest in that state and am considered a fugutive from justice.
I will have it cleared up in a couple weeks but let that be a lesson to the younger guys out their. Your past will catch up with you.

I am glad that is all it is. Ill post a pic when I get it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

That will do 'er........

GTS225

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Produce....if you can still read this, LAWYER UP, RIGHT NOW. You have popped up on the radar, and Arizona would be obligated to arrest you and extradite you to the state of concern, should some prosecutor wish to push the issue. If you surrender, do so through a lawyer, and attempt to clear it up that way. If you don't there is a real chance of being arrested, tried and incarcerated, which will clear it up THIER way. That will result in a record that might prevent you from EVER being able to legally own a firearm.

I may be over-reacting a bit, but might it be worth it to "save" your firearms rights?

Roger

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good advice about contacting a lawyer ^^^above^^^^ if you should get a weapon outside the system on a private transaction ..... we would hate to see you jammed up!

OMG..... I think I have found my next toy. I currently have a Rock River NM4 but, I am now thinking I want a 7.62 x 51 (.308) in that platform. I know all about the "blackout 30" but I want to reach out further. Time to call my brother ;) I think Sig Sauer hit a home run with the new Sig 716.

I had been holding off on the .308 because of price but, they have come down some. There is something to be said about the AR platform that can keep up with a bolt action ;)

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Produce....if you can still read this, LAWYER UP, RIGHT NOW. You have popped up on the radar, and Arizona would be obligated to arrest you and extradite you to the state of concern, should some prosecutor wish to push the issue. If you surrender, do so through a lawyer, and attempt to clear it up that way. If you don't there is a real chance of being arrested, tried and incarcerated, which will clear it up THIER way. That will result in a record that might prevent you from EVER being able to legally own a firearm.

I may be over-reacting a bit, but might it be worth it to "save" your firearms rights?

Roger

Roger has a very valid point. Anything could happen, however i dont see Arizona doing this. For sure dont put off doing something proactive about clearing it up.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Alright guys I got some info. Back in 96 I wrote a hot check for $116.00 and never took care of it. I have a warrent out for my arrest in that state and am considered a fugutive from justice.
I will have it cleared up in a couple weeks but let that be a lesson to the younger guys out their. Your past will catch up with you.

Here is an idea...........Uh...... Fix it! Is there a bounty on you :D (iboats people are friends but a buck is a buck$$$$) I hope you are not in the famous Maricopa County Detention Facilities area. :eek:

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good advice about contacting a lawyer ^^^above^^^^ if you should get a weapon outside the system on a private transaction ..... we would hate to see you jammed up!

OMG..... I think I have found my next toy. I currently have a Rock River NM4 but, I am now thinking I want a 7.62 x 51 (.308) in that platform. I know all about the "blackout 30" but I want to reach out further. Time to call my brother ;) I think Sig Sauer hit a home run with the new Sig 716.

I had been holding off on the .308 because of price but, they have come down some. There is something to be said about the AR platform that can keep up with a bolt action ;)

Give them a look in 6.8 spc or 6.5. AR is a great platform.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

River Rock makes some nice rifles.
Maybe I'm nieve but I don't think I'll get arrested. I had the background check and nothing came up.

I talked with the PD in that stae and they said to send a money order to clear the check and court costs, and that will clear it up.

I would turn myself in if I was worth anything but just as the wife says, I'm worthless,lol

North Beach

Commander

GUN.jpg

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You can't use a centerfire rifle for ANYTHING in Illinois besides coyote...

That's not quite right. On privet land you can hunt squirrel hunt with any caliber rifle you care to use.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You can use rimfire for coyote, crow, squirrel, and rabbit but only for squirrel on govt property.
In Illinois crow must be shot with a shotgun. Some of Illinois public hunting areas are open for squirrel hunting with rimfire, shotgun and black powder muzzle loader.

chuckdee

Seaman Apprentice

YES, like already mentioned, lawyer up QUICKLY.

prefabricated steel buildings

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Geeze in Montana, we have no restrictions on what firearm we can use to hunt anything, they just say use an appropriate weapon for the job.

halfmoa

Ensign

That's not quite right. On privet land you can hunt squirrel hunt with any caliber rifle you care to use.

Yeah, oversight on my part. I suppose if you want to shoot up into a tree with a .338 Lapua and blow the critter to shreds and have the projectile land god knows where then you're within your rights to do so. LOL. Same with other furbearers too.

On a side note, do you know what you call a guy that hunts rabbit with a .22? Hungry. :D

In Illinois crow must be shot with a shotgun. Some of Illinois public hunting areas are open for squirrel hunting with rimfire, shotgun and black powder muzzle loader.

Right again. Then again, who hunts crow?

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got my ar. Its a windham ar 15 with a qaud rail and a front grip that has a extendable bipod. Still have to find a good scope.

This is awsome.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Really glad to hear that you were able to work with the system. Question now is, which hobby is going to cost you the most :D?

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey guys, what is your reviews on wpa russian 223 55g steel caseing? I was told it will ruin my barrell because of the steel caseing. I bought 500 rounds of this crap . I have shot 100 thru with no problems,not very accrute but everytime I PULL the trigger it fires.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

BTW, I got to fire a ww2 chineese machine gun at the range yesterday. It was cool but kind of made me feel awfull to fire it to think what that guy behind it back then might of done.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Ah yes, Wolf ammo....

This is one of those topics like Ford/Chevy, your going to get a wide variety of answers, for me Wolf(WPA)/Russian made ammo has had a checkered past in the US, of course some of this could be BS since its hard to get the real story on the web anyways, but from Steel Cases to Corrosive ammo to it fires flawlessly you make your own choice.

It has been said that wolf does not have the tight tolerances that American ammo does and clearly if that is the case you could have some issues when firing from a quality tight toleranced firearm where as if you shot the same ammo from an AK maybe not so much.

as for Corrosive ammo I don't see how this is even an issue since you should be cleaning your guns everytime you shoot them and every month in the safe, this should take all the corrosive ammo discussion out of it.

I have shot Wolf in all of my AR's but admitedly its sparingly, I prefer 55 gr Walmart Federal value packs since Walmart is closest to me and being 30 miles from any gun shop the gas prices make the difference, especially when you compare the reloading aspect, I get brass from Federal and Steel from Wolf so thats a no brainer..