RC modeling taken to the extreme

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: RC modeling taken to the extreme

They need to put a dog in there as the pilot

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wow!!! I guess if I had the obviously-fat wallets that guy has, I'd probably be werkin on my fully-fuctional model of the USN "Nautilus".<br />I'd die to be able to have that kind of time and greenage just for as long as the project took.<br />That plane looks flawless in the in-flight pics!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

GASP!!!! :eek: That B-52 may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.... Those 8 engines have got to be a chore to get and keep running in sync....

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Very Cool!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />I have scratched around w/ rc planes, boats, cl planes, rockets, rubber powered planes, and so forth since a kid. Still do on and off. Becoming initiated with electric rc park fliers (Hitec Sky Scooter)as well as rubber powered jobs (any one remember the AMA Delta Dart..first rubber job I built decades ago from AMA magazine plans.....found kits at local hobby shop...built one for with the kids last year......is now toast but momma bought two more kits)<br /><br />Many happy times. These guys are very extreme. Gotta love that giant sail plane. Would that be 1/3 or perhaps 1/2 scale Admin???

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

That is too cool. I am waiting for some psycho to build a functional R/C Space Shuttle that goes into orbit after jetisoning its boosters and fuel tank...

LadyFish

Admiral

That is very cool Admin5. An expensive hobby but I can see why people love it. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That is VERY COOL A5..... :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I would like to see a hamster or something as the pilot. I wish I had that kind of money too.<br /><br />By the way, good to see you as a Admin participating.

Homerr

Commander

More money than brains as the saying goes.<br /><br />Don't ya wish you had that much money to toss away?<br /><br />I agree... I'd like to see some kind of rodent or defenseless creature stuffed into that thing.<br /><br />I'd watch that. Heck... maybe we're looking at another reality show?<br />How to blow your money and harass wildlife?<br /><br /><br />LOL!!<br /><br />H.

FlyingFlorry

Recruit

I thought everyone was free to spend his money as he wish ? By the way, don't think this thing costs a fortune, you can't even pay you a little motorcycle for that price. <br /><br />Anyway, I think that just the extreme is interesting, and maybe you just would understand when flying that thing just above you head. I know, some of you think I flew such thing against my head, but who cares, do I hurt you ?? :) <br /><br />For the interested, it is 1/2 scale (the real one is 26.4m), weights about 28kg without ballast, and is a prototype. This one has 4 parts wing (inner 4m, outer 2.5). The last one has 1 wing 6.5m. Note I didn't built the plane myself, but a German large scale enthousiast.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Homer, lol. Yes, but I think you and I are missing something. This guy is probably flying that puppy around the local strip, and suckin-up underdrawers everey second, hoping he doesn't prang it into yonder tree....And when it's sitting on the tarmac getting it's picture took, is he thinking to himself, "Ok.Now what?"<br />If he is anythin resembling a 12Footer,('cept for having wadds of cash), he's probably got the first free-sketch of a 12Foot long C-136 gunship...Now how cool would that be, with an authentic, to-scale 50cal gat stickin-out it's side? lol

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to Iboats Laurent!<br /><br />Do you launch the sail plane with a traditional hi start or winch rig?<br /><br />Very nice model by the way!

FlyingFlorry

Recruit

In Germany the plane was towed by a tug (200cc). But I always fly on the slope. So, in fact it is a hand launch glider :) . It can appear really heavy to launch, but you may not forget that while standing on the slope with such model in your hands, it already starts to lift, but you need anyaway at least 2 people.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great to hear from you Laurent! Have you had any flights in full sized gliders or are you soley RC gliders? I own a Phoebus 15 meter sailplane and can't get enough of soaring. Thanks for jumping in on our boards.