FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I want to replace the inlet hose on my 1993 220 Cobalt 7.4 liter. I can’t even see where the other end is from the water pump. Disappears behind the engine. Any advise?
Thanks I replaced the raw water pump, fuel pump, circulating pump and most all hoses except for that one. It’s the original I’m sure and very hard and inflexible. Oh yeah and the starter (that was fun). Thanks for your feedback
One other question? I replaced the thermostat and housing with the new style, it has these check balls that install in one of the fittings. How tight should they be adjusted, just till the balls seat (light tension) or more tension?
Huh, the one I replaced was a one piece could double as an anchor. The new one is a two piece with a brass thread-in tee, which is where the check ball Assy goes. Should I just leave it as is or remove the check. Engine runs cool at about 160