Random

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
don't yall hate when you have to renew your car tags? In MO it took three documents, time off work to stand in line for an hour or so. iirc about $50 year and that was 20 years ago.

Here in TN, paying for the ease of online renewal that took about three minutes while drinking a glass of wine in my office it came to a whopping.....

1681570851081.png

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
don't yall hate when you have to renew your car tags? In MO it took three documents, time off work to stand in line for an hour or so. iirc about $50 year and that was 20 years ago.

Here in TN, paying for the ease of online renewal that took about three minutes while drinking a glass of wine in my office it came to a whopping.....

View attachment 377637
You’re very lucky. Here in Maryland it takes all of 3 minutes as well but my total came out to $161.50 for two years

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
18 gallons of fuel in 3.6 seconds is not bad

this boat https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-23133/alamshar.htm consumes 13.6 gallons of fuel per second at WOT which is 65 knots. although its only published at 45 knots. Its rooster tail can be viewed from space. the aft door was redone in 2017 with high-temp carbon with ceramic heat shields as the jet exhaust catches the door on fire at sustained speeds above 60 knots

gm280

Supreme Mariner
18 gallons of fuel in 3.6 seconds is not bad

this boat https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-23133/alamshar.htm consumes 13.6 gallons of fuel per second at WOT which is 65 knots. although its only published at 45 knots. Its rooster tail can be viewed from space. the aft door was redone in 2017 with high-temp carbon with ceramic heat shields as the jet exhaust catches the door on fire at sustained speeds above 60 knots
At some point you reach that diminished return. Like rockets, they have to carry LOTS of fuel to carry the extra fuel needed to get them into space. So part of their size and weight is the fuel they have to carry to do that job... The more fuel you carry, the more fuel you need to lift the extra fuel weight...