Ran new prop

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ran the 19 P Viper, two people, could only turn it to 5600, 46 GPS,
Didn't run it by myself like I did the 17
Guess I need a jack plate to raise it up if I want to run the 19 or just run it in the cooler months when I am out alone, motor sounds happier with the 17P, didn't think I would lose 800 rpms, by addind a person, warmer weather, and 2 degree pitch change but I did. Good news is with a full load 4 people can still get to 6000 with the 17.

See thread Max Rpms 115 60* looper , for more info in outboard non-repair forum

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Ran new prop

Been looking around, might be able to get a 6" plate in a couple weeks.

How do they effect holeshot?
abilty to carry a load?
Think I can get 200-400 Rpms
what is minimum acceptable water pressure for a 115 V4 Looper?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I didn't go back to your other thread yet, but what's wrong with the 19P Viper performance? Looks like you are right on to me. Sounds like the 17 is a bit light. But playing with the setup may get you some improvement.......since we never seem to be satisfied and have to keep playing with it.

Mark

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

60* motor, 5600 is supposed "borderline lugging" 5800 to 6000 is recommended. This was with two passengers, frequently I will have 3 or 4 when skiing

Contemplating just raising it one hole, or breaking down and getting a jack plate. If I raise it I think I could get 2 or more mph faster, and that would be pretty good for a fish and ski with a 115

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Dhadley is the resident expert on this but if you are tugging heavy loads like skiers, you may not want to solve your problem with jacking...reason being, your prop may run just fine at WOT with a normal boat load, but when you add a couple of skiers it may want to ventilate when you don't want it to.

Ask him.

Mark

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry to reserect old thread, but I don't see a reason to retype all the information,
Recently added a 5" EZ lift, any idea what I should start with for my prop to pad setting, 4" has been suggested

walleyehed

Admiral

PropSHAFT to pad of 4" will be ok to start with...I don't know how high you will be able to go with the Viper, but see what you can get.

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Will find out tomarrow, don't know if there will be three or just me in the boat yet, prop has been worked, pitch corrected, and cup added for holeshot and lift