Ramsey Clark what a piece of work!

Link

Rear Admiral
I just don't understand this?<br />Why is he getting a pass in the American news?<br />He is a trader as Bill Clinton. Am I missing the point??<br />Confused :confused:

PW2

Commander
Re: Ramsey Clark what a piece of work!

What are you referring to?<br />And by trader, are you referring to the stock market? Or sports cards? Or what exactly.<br /><br />And what is your problem with traders?

KaGee

Admiral

I'm sure Mr. LF is correct about what has Link's blood pressure up.<br />
Ramsey Clark to defend Saddam<br />Former attorney general says Hussein victim of 'selective prosecution'<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posted: December 30, 2004<br />1:00 a.m. Eastern<br /><br /><br />© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com <br /><br />Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general and leftist anti-war activist, announced yesterday he has joined the defense team of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. <br /><br />Clark made the announcement in Amman, Jordan, and took the opportunity to slam the Bush administration, saying the U.S. should be tried for alleged "war crimes" in Fallujah, Iraq. <br />

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I look at it this way,in the pursuite of justice if there's going to be a trial even a scumbag like Sadaam is entitled to have a defense,therefore it stands to reason that someone will have to represent him in court,if that someone is Ramsey Clarke then so be it.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Be careful quoting news media. Even the right side newsmedia sometimes flavor and twist things. What they report may be correct, but they don't have their facts right.<br /><br />The New York Times, The Miami Herald, and The Buffalo News reported that the announcement was made by Ziad al-Khasawneh, head of Saddam's defense team and not Clark. Clark's New York office declined comment. <br /><br />Neither of these rags engaged in editorial commenting and sensationalism such as WorldNetDaily when it quoted Clark as saying "the U.S. should be tried for alleged 'war crimes' in Fallujah, Iraq".<br /><br />Other than that I agree with EF, however distasteful the situation. Without due process, we're a mob, not a society.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by Link:"He is a trader as Bill Clinton. Am I missing the point??"<br /><br /><br />Bill Clinton is no fan of mine, but i fail to see where he has a dog in this race,maybe you could enlighten me<br /> :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The poof button is not selective.

Link

Rear Admiral

This is what happens when someone (me) goes off on a rant without thinking things out first. And reading it before posting.<br /><br />A: I've got to give you guys credit. Had I read a rant like the one I posted I would have just said HUH? And went on to the next post.<br /><br />B: Thanks for not taking this to a nasty level<br /><br />PW2: Would it not have been easier to say: Did you mean traitor? But thats not your style :) <br /><br />But you all got it.<br />My first beef with Ramsey was when he flew over there for a private meeting with Saddam right before we went to war with him.<br /><br />I was ticked that the news didn't cover it then.<br /><br />My second beef with Ramsey is him being on Saddams defense team!(smells to me)<br />This should be handled by their court system not us. Even if I don't agree with the results.<br /><br />I just should have said this and left it at that but there were two other things on the news (local) that pushed my buttons.<br /><br />One was BadDad Jim (another Ramsey) and friend of Bill who is just now being looked at for a crime in 1996 (Jim McDermott)<br /><br />The other is the (local) election being stolen by the democrates.. grrr<br /><br />Thanks for the civil replies to this post.<br /><br />Call it my rant for 2004.<br /><br />JB I can not see where this post has value except to stir things up and don't mind at all if you lock or poof it.<br />But give the guys credit for being very civil! After all I did leave all the doors open. :)

PW2

Commander

I was just being helpful and instructive. When baseless serious charges are leveled against anyone, they are likely to not be taken too seriously if you have no idea how to spell the charge.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sure, spelling counts,PW2. But if the misspelled word cannot be taken for anything else in a sentence, the spelling is pointless.<br />We all got what he meant. This is not school. Proper spelling and grammar only help.<br />I think anyone who starts taking-off points for misspelled werdz is avoiding the topic....Like I just did :)

JB

Even the worst deserve a good defense team who are at least a little sympathetic.<br /><br />I don't agree with Clark's politics but I believe he is a good lawyer and will do for Saddam what can be done.<br /><br />Then I will feel better about it when they "poof" him.<br /><br />My reference to the poof button was to use it on Saddam, Link. Not this thread. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

And can we locate this poof button anywhere we want on him? :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

As far as spelling:<br /><br />The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid. <br /><br />Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. <br /><br />The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. <br />Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. <br />At lset msot hmuan mnids.<br /><br />Amzanig huh?

D

DJ

BoatBuoy,<br /><br />That was hard to read.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Even the worst deserve a good defense team who are at least a little sympathetic.<br /><br />I don't agree with Clark's politics but I believe he is a good lawyer and will do for Saddam what can be done.<br /><br />Then I will feel better about it when they "poof" him.<br /><br />My reference to the poof button was to use it on Saddam, Link. Not this thread. :)
"Poof" on Ramsey Clark.