Rain water leaking into fishwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

seren

Cadet
Hello, somone in the Bayliner forum successfully to seal the fishwells in his Trophy http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32024. I tried to post to ask some questions there, but it seems I am locked out of that forum eventhough I have not even post anything there yet! So I'll do it here.

So anyone here attempted the same thing? I did go to the Trophy dealership and looked at the new 2102 models and did see the latch and gaskets on the fishwells. The member in the Bayliner forum gave the part number of the gasket and the Southco latches that he found. I called the Trophy user support number in Arlington, Washington, and was given the following part numbers for the latch and the gasket:
Latch: 1848217 or 848217 (I can't read my own writing), gasket: 1701821
Anyway, the latch might be the same as the Southco (I ordered the latches from Southco). But the gasket used by Trophy is from a different manufacturer. The gasket cited in the Bayliner forum is from Taco Metal, and it seems to be more robust. But I got my gasket from Trophy. Although I got all the parts. But I probably will not try to install them until I have more time later on this summer, or fall. So we will see.

drew2302

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rain water leaking into fishwell

Keep us updated on the fix and please show pic's, thanks
Drew

catalanc

Seaman Apprentice

I don't have an answer, but a question along the same lines. I am looking at purchasing a 2006 trophy 2052. The port side fishwell has filled with water and it appears to be frozen solid. Will this cause any problems to the deck or pumps or ???
I appreciate any info.

seren

Cadet

Keep us updated on the fix and please show pic's, thanks
Drew

The instruction from the thread I quoted was pretty good. As mentioned, I installed the fix a couple months ago and was happy with it. Today I did the spray test in the cockpit, spraying water all over the cockpit, all over the fish boxes, a fair amount. But the water did not get into the fish boxes. The little water that got into the fish box was after I opened the cover. The pictures are taken after my "spray" test. The one with the close up of the pin shows my use of the spacers to get the pin closer to the latch to make it work. I made a mistake with this fish box by not trying to drill the hole for the latch closer to the edge. Fortunately the spacers saved the day. And yes I use the method of dumping RV antifreeze into the fishbox, then pump until I see the pink liquid flowing.

Attachments

• fishb1.jpg
    fishb1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8
  • fishb2.jpg
    fishb2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 8
  • fishb3.jpg
    fishb3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
  • fishb4.jpg
    fishb4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
  • fishb5.jpg
    fishb5.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9

Ghost Chaser

Cadet

The instruction from the thread I quoted was pretty good. As mentioned, I installed the fix a couple months ago and was happy with it. Today I did the spray test in the cockpit, spraying water all over the cockpit, all over the fish boxes, a fair amount. But the water did not get into the fish boxes. The little water that got into the fish box was after I opened the cover. The pictures are taken after my "spray" test. The one with the close up of the pin shows my use of the spacers to get the pin closer to the latch to make it work. I made a mistake with this fish box by not trying to drill the hole for the latch closer to the edge. Fortunately the spacers saved the day. And yes I use the method of dumping RV antifreeze into the fishbox, then pump until I see the pink liquid flowing.

Great post and fix. thanks for sharing.

This will keep the wells from filling and killing your mpg

High roller

Recruit

What latch is that ? And how did you install it?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.