Racor W/F separator compatibility

trobinson017

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Racor 18-7945 water/fuel separator which is the solid canister type. I want to replace it with the kind that has the clear collector bowl with draincock. Are all Racor models compatible, meaning I could just buy a new filter element with the collector bowl. Or are they all pretty unique in sizing and I should buy a whole new kit? Money is an issue which is why I'm trying to save if possible.

Thanks!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Racor W/F separator compatibility

The 18-7945 filter is a Sierra part number.

You could reuse the filter head with a Racor filter assembly but you need to find out what thread is on the filter head. I beleive that filter fits "Merc style" filter head so your looking at a Racor B32013 filter assembly

trobinson017

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The filters are the same but I've never seen just the bowl for sale.

You can keep the head but you''ll need to buy a new filter/ bowl assembly.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was hoping, to just be able to buy the filter/bowl assembly and keep my existing mounted head.

trobinson017

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The 18-7945 filter is a Sierra part number.

You could reuse the filter head with a Racor filter assembly but you need to find out what thread is on the filter head. I beleive that filter fits "Merc style" filter head so your looking at a Racor B32013 filter assembly

You are correct, Dingbat!! I contacted Parker directly and that's the part number they gave me that fits my head. I ordered it from iboats.com for about $15 cheaper than other discount online stores! Thanks iboats.com!!