Quotes

yorab

Ensign
When I use the reply with quote, the entire post is quoted. I then have to delete all sentences except those that I want to quote. Is there a faster way to only quote a portion of a post without deleting a bunch of text?

Also, how do you quote multiple parts of a post that aren't connected? For instance, if somebody asks three questions at different parts of their post, how can I quote their questions followed by my answer for each? Thanks.

eavega

Lieutenant
Re: Quotes

Quotes work with the tags that surround them .
USERNAME.... said:
the quote[./QUOTE] would be

USERNAME.... said:
the quote

if you remove the period before the first [ in the first tag and the period before the / in the second tag

To quote multiple parts of a post, just duplicate both sets of tags, the first one begins a quote and the second one closes the quote

is
Quotes

Rgds

Bondo

Staff member

When I use the reply with quote, the entire post is quoted. I then have to delete all sentences except those that I want to quote. Is there a faster way to only quote a portion of a post without deleting a bunch of text?

Also, how do you quote multiple parts of a post that aren't connected? For instance, if somebody asks three questions at different parts of their post, how can I quote their questions followed by my answer for each? Thanks.

Or,... Click on reply...
Click on the quote button at the top of the dialog box, it'll insert the quote tags wherever the cursor is...
Then C&P the text you want from the post into the box, between the quote tags...

QC

Supreme Mariner

When I use the reply with quote, the entire post is quoted. I then have to delete all sentences except those that I want to quote. Is there a faster way to only quote a portion of a post without deleting a bunch of text?.
Deleting chunks is faster for me than other methods.

Also, how do you quote multiple parts of a post that aren't connected?
Like this?

For instance, if somebody asks three questions at different parts of their post, how can I quote their questions followed by my answer for each? Thanks.
You can mulitple quote by C and P the whole quote box, and then deleting what you don't want for each separate quote. Pretty fast for me . . . :)

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you for divulging this secret information which until now, I had no clue;)...

I had finally figured out how to use multi-quote. Don't know if I ever would have figured this out on my own, though. Again, thanks:D.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Uhhh . . . can you share that secret information? :redface:

You serious?... I was referring to the "secret" information you've so generously divulged; which, incidentally, was the inspiration for my reply:p.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I thank you for taking the time to learn this instead of quoting the whole darn 12 paragraph post to respond to one sentence like a lot of others do!

Bondo

Staff member

Quotes work with the tags that surround them .]
USERNAME.... said:
the quote
would be

if you remove the period before the first [ in the first tag and the period before the / in the second tag

To quote multiple parts of a post, just duplicate both sets of tags, the first one begins a quote and the second one closes the quote

is

Quotes

Rgds

Or,... Click on reply...
Click on the quote button at the top of the dialog box, it'll insert the quote tags wherever the cursor is...
Then C&P the text you want from the post into the box, between the quote tags...

Deleting chunks is faster for me than other methods.

Like this?

You can mulitple quote by C and P the whole quote box, and then deleting what you don't want for each separate quote. Pretty fast for me . . . :)

see if I got this

I can do it this way

Thanks guys!!

Thank you for divulging this secret information which until now, I had no clue;)...

I had finally figured out how to use multi-quote. Don't know if I ever would have figured this out on my own, though. Again, thanks:D.

Uhhh . . . can you share that secret information? :redface:

He could......but then he would have to kill you:D

You serious?... I was referring to the "secret" information you've so generously divulged; which, incidentally, was the inspiration for my reply:p.

I thank you for taking the time to learn this instead of quoting the whole darn 12 paragraph post to respond to one sentence like a lot of others do!

Ayuh,... Ya mean like This,..??..??

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

WAIT WAIT WAIT! Bond-o put quotes inside of quotes can I cut/paste that too? Except without the Ayuh of course, I think that is copyrighted....