Quote Of The Day

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."


- Mae West (1892-1980)
 

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
519
After eating a fantastic meal I said to my wife "If I had a scoop of ice cream right now, I'd throw it out the window because it could not compete for the affections of my taste buds after that meal".
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."


- Elvis Presley (1935-1977)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Hell is a half-filled auditorium."


- Robert Frost (1874-1963)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."


- Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"


- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Few things are harder to put up with than a good example."


- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Hell is other people."


- Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."


- Robert J. Oppenheimer (1904-1967) (citing from the Bhagavad Gita, after witnessing the world's first nuclear explosion)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."

- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate."


- Thomas Jones
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."



- Al Capone (1899-1947)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"The gods too are fond of a joke."


- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."


- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man."


- Professor Scott Elledge on his retirement from Cornell
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."


- Robert Orben
 

RGrew176

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
2,137
"The cynics are right nine times out of ten."


- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
 
Top