Quintrex/Stacer

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander
These are Aluminium boats,made by Telwater in Queensland Australia. They are a modern style and very very popular. We own a 2004 Stacer 4.6 metre runabout which does everything a boat should.It has USA made 50 Mariner as I don't like motors made "elsewhere" .These are their websites. www.stacer.com.au and www.quintrex.com.au

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Quintrex/Stacer

I am hoping that my next boat is a quinny bowrider with millenium hull.<br /><br />All I need to do now is convince the finance manager/cook :( .

Triton II

Commander

Hey Aldo, you can drive the cuddy (same hull as the bowrider) over the summer break and make your decision. I love the thing! Just wish I'd got the 5.3, but then again the FT60 is such a great motor even if it is 1 amp short of a Mercury! <br /><br />Mark. <br /><br />PS: sorry I've been quiet, I only get access to dial-up when the boys are off the phone and with Alex planning his post HSC social life that's a rare event! :)

Triton II

Commander

460... I own a 2003 475 Quintrex Spirit with a Yam FT60B and we've done 320 hours in two years so she gets lots of use. You're right about the Q/S hulls, they are really very good and do it all - we ski, tube, fish, cruise, batter through rough weather, go offshore if the swell is 1.5m or less, have New Years Eve on the Harbour with our hob-knob mates and generally spend most of our spare time boating. All up using less than 20 litres an hour. Just wish I was a better fisherman! The boys and I LERVE our Quinnie! :)

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a second hand 6m Quinnie Ocean/River a couple of years ago. It is really a bit (just) longer than I wanted, but it was within my price range.<br /><br />I bought it from a tour guide up here & get the impression it may have been a "test" model. <br /><br />I've had it out in 2m+ seas (not by desire) & it is considerably drier than many other top name boats. Yes the bilge pump was working, but not excessively, after all it was raining cats & dogs at the same time. And that was with three people aboard, including all their camping gear for a weekend away.<br /><br />It has a 60HP Marriner 4S and will exceed 30kph with 4 aboard. I'd have liked a bit bigger motor, but the funds weren't available.<br /><br />Yes, it is the slowest boat in the fishing club fleet, but it is one of the driest. <br /><br />I love the Quinnie

Triton II

Commander

Hi CJ,<br /><br />Yep, even the 475 is dry in the chop. We had her out in last weekend's storms here in Sydney, blasting flat out through a steep metre high chop in driving rain - we got 38mm in an hour and it looked like hail so we ran as hard as we could. Hardly wet by NT standards but enough to get the bilge pump going big time. It was great to taste absolutely fresh water pouring out of the bungs on the ramp after we got back. Best wash she's had since we got the thing back in '03 and as you say, not a drop of salt water in her despite the battering. Gotta love that Millenium 2 hull. :)