Quicksilver shifter manual???

riskibusiness

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know where I can find a service manual or any literature for removing and repairing the early quicksilver shifters(throttle only button instead of trigger). I have searched the web and cant seem to find anything. Its a good thing I'm already bald or I would be pulling my hair out. I have seen many threads here about some repairs but nothing about removal.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Quicksilver shifter manual???

i didn't go look, but i'm pretty sure mercruiser s/m 1 and 2 have a blub about the remote controls..

here's a place ya can get #1.

here's a place ya can look and read any of the manuals.

maybe someone will be able to provide a link to #2, i guess i need to find that one and save it..:rolleyes:

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant

I've got a pdf of the Mercury manual for their controllers - covers the Commander 2000, which may be what you have. If the previous posters haven't provided that manual let me know and I'll see if I can figure out how to get it to you.

riskibusiness

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am quite sure most of you have found this already but I thought I would post this just in case. I found where my problem was in my shifter. It wouldnt go into throttle only. After I took it apart I was able to see that the brass pinn attached to the detent wheel on the transmission cam was burred and staying in the keyway groove. So I took it all apart and lightly tapped the pin with my bench grinder, put it all back together and VIOLA. It works now.shift problem.jpg