Quicksilver 380

Labman55

Seaman Apprentice
Morning all;
I have a chance to pick up the 380, c/w floor, keel, pump and a 9.8 merc. for around $1500.00.
Problem is, I have no idea about the brand, does/do anyone out there own one, is it worth the money?
Any pros or cons on this purchase?:confused:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Quicksilver 380

Quicksilver is a well reputed brand made by Mercury Inflatables, seems not using Quicksilver name any more. The Merc which is a rebadged Tohatsu 9.8 is an excellent motor, just bit underpowered for that size sib if heavily loaded, a nice starter engine. If combo is in inmaculate condition, you have made a good purchase. Much better if the price included a trailer.

Happy Boating

Labman55

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info.
Are there any areas of concern with this boat?
As I have never owned one of these rubber dingies, is there a very steep learning curve, such as repairs, inflating, storing maintenance?
I have a 18' flatdeck car trailer, would this suffice for hauling the 380 around?

Prices in Canada are WAY higher then one would pay elsewhere, just google "kijiji Edmonton" and look over the used boat prices.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

How old is that sib ? Depending on it's age, look for becoming unglued parts, oar locks, oar holders, floor fabric, transom ? If all are still well glued, just inflate sib properly, get yourself a pressure gauge if possible and inflate that sib to it's factory recommended working pressure. For general info about inflation, conservation, where to keep check this forum or wait for others to post. A flat deck will be a proper transport for the 380, just strap it correctly on all sides.

Happy Boating

Labman55

Seaman Apprentice

It really depends on the specific model of 380 and condition.

Not sure of the age, or model. I have attached pics though.
Thanks for any input.
380.jpg

380specs.jpg

3802.jpg

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay, another question, what is SIB and RIB?

SIB is Soft bottom Inflatable Boat, RIB is Rigid bottom Inflatable Boat. A SIB would be anything with an inflatable keel or aluminum or plywood decking, over a fabric bottom. RIB's are aluminum, or fiberglass bottoms with tubes around the perimeter.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Your sib was made around or prior 1994, that silver pvc fabric had early age issues with sun, 2 years latter was replaced for a much better pvc fabric. If you want to last long apply an overdose of aerospace 303 protectant periodically, don't leave it living outside sunny environments.

Happy Boating