questions about 2005 225 ETEC HO

jus4funn2010

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
49
Although I recently said that Id never have another OMC motor, I found a 2005 225 HO etec New with warranty. Very good deal but it will be 7 years old as soon as it starts, I know this. My questions are these.... can a 20" shaft be converted to a 25 without a lot of expense? Is this 225 HO engine suitable for saltwater on a center console boat? Any specific problems about this year and model that is well documented? thanks for all the help!
 

jus4funn2010

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
49
Re: questions about 2005 225 ETEC HO

Surely some knowledgable people here can help me out with these questions. Thanks in advance...
 

AlTn

Commander
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
2,813
Re: questions about 2005 225 ETEC HO

as info...you might try the web for an etec owners forum...not to discourage your questions here, but it may be a longer wait to get a knowledgeable reply
 

kitebuz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
76
Re: questions about 2005 225 ETEC HO

There is a company called Bay Mfg who offer a 5" extension kit for various motors - $500 I think for everything you need except the longer power shaft top 1/2. I've heard mixed reviews, but have also seen engines at boat shows using this type of extension. I will be getting them when I redo my transom.
 
Top