Questionable Customer Service

Any other iboats customers had an issue with an ordered item switched by the warehouse to a different item, and then not allowing a correction/refund because 30 days passed? Should be a class action suit.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What was the value of the item ?-----And why are you considering a class action lawsuit ??-----Strange indeed.

The class action suit was more of an attention getter because of my total frustration with iboats, not a reality. The items were 3 Taylor Made fender covers for their largest size Tuff End round fenders. The price is about $150 per cover. I am less interested in a refund but rather that iboats takes responsibility for THEIR mistake. Because I did not bring it to their attention within 30 days they tell me that I am out of luck even though they they screwed up the ordered. I just wanted to exchange the wrong smaller size covers they sent me for the proper size I ordered and paid for. There is a pattern here because when I first ordered two of the actual fenders at about $300 each, they only shipped one. When I notified them that I did not get the second fender, they got back to me and said that two fenders were in one UPS box. From their perspective, case closed. I had to show them the actual weight of the UPS shipment from the shipping receipt and the weight was significantly less than the weight of two fenders. So it was impossible that two were mailed in the one package. They were caught red handed trying to cheat me out of the second fender I had paid for,, $300. Without any response back to me based on the weight information from Taylor Made and UPS evidence I emailed them, no apology, nothing, a few weeks later they mailed the second fender. No paperwork,, no note just the second fender mashed into a box. It was very disconcerting that I needed to prove their mistake and their total lack of graciousness. That is exactly what I need to do again with the fender covers. I just can't believe that these two rather fraudulent interactions conducted by iboats is only happening to me. I think there might be an entire class of their customers who have had similar experiences.. At this point, it has become a matter of principle for me. Thank you for your interest.

By the way, if I vanish from the thread, it won't mean the issue was resolved, it will be that iboats "canceled" me! However I do hope to be able to report in the future that iboats does the right thing. We will see, stay tuned.

southkogs

Staff member
I've never seen iBoats cancel someone over a customer service issue.

Forum moderators aren't customer service reps, but I'll make sure someone from that group sees this. I'm assuming you've talked to customer service via the 1-800 number?

Yes, several emails, customer service now only communicates by email, not phone. I did try to escalate within customer service but the manager of customer service said he was the highest and only point of escalation within iboats. I own a national marketing company where my clients have many tens of millions of customers. When a marketing injustice to a customer comes across my desk, I take direct action to make it right, and I'm the owner but that's how we manage. So it is kind of weak when the customer service manager at iboats emails me that there is no higher level of escalation. I don't blame him, he is just following a policy, not setting it. Again, thank you for your interest and potentially for your help. I honestly think iboats can become a better company over this issue. Currently, they seem like they don't want to own their mistakes. That is not sustainable, in fact by owning and resolving your mistakes you build relationships and enhance your brand. I just don't think they are there yet.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Moved to a better suited forum section

As mentioned we aren't directly connected to the customer service dept, but admin has been notified.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
with todays supply chain shortage, be lucky. many parts that normally came from china and abroad originally had a 25 day lead time and 35 day on the water. are now 180 day lead time and 84 days travel time. yes, 264 day lead time.

however I do agree that iBoats customer service should do a better job at communicating. most customer service people today do not pick up the phone. its a whole generation issue. I wont name specific individuals, however just post Invoice # 4471593

colonel_sanders

Administrator
Staff member
@Fort Lauderdale boater Thank you and the Moderators for bringing this to my attention. I’ve brought this up with my colleagues and I’ll follow up with you on a Tuesday or Wednesday after the holiday weekend.