Question on using boat with crazing/spiderwebbing

Parrot6909

Seaman
Not really sure which is the right term to use here.....There is one small section that has spider webbing (saying that since it looks like a spiders web) figured out what the pblm was, screw was coming loose from a rod holder......But i have some crazing (guessing the term to use here is crazing because it doesn't look like a spiderweb).....I have some small hairline cracks in the transom, right around where the plug goes on the outside of the hull, and some longer ones, some 5-6 feet in length on the underside of the hull. None of these seem to go thru the fiberglass, but I am wondering what long term affects of using the boat like this would be. Is it still safe to use it this way? The cracks aren't noticable till you get up close to it and the gelcoat, other then the cracks, is still in great shape. The hull is a 1966 Bowrider if that helps at all. Any comments would be appreciated!

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Question on using boat with crazing/spiderwebbing

a 1966....I wouldnt worry about a few cracks that small. Its 30 YEARS OLD. Its cosmetic flaws dont worry about it it isnt worth fixing.