Question on Tie-Down Vented Disc brakes...

gsmith3286

Cadet
Re: Question on Tie-Down Vented Disc brakes...

Thanks Guys for all your help. I took the trailer for a test drive and it appears to be working fine. Prior to that and using the advice from you guys, I re-bled the brakes and made sure that this time the tubing was completely full of fluid for each valve. Last time I bled them, I think air was sneaking in where the tubing went over the nipple....

FYI....These tie-down nipples don't work with the standard adapters that come with the $7.00 "one-man brake bleeding kit" so I used a small hose clamp to keep it air tight on the nipple...it seemed to work. I was amazed at how air there was in my lines.

When I returned from the road test, I jacked up the right tire and spun it. It went around smoothly with only a small amount of friction. I hope it's not too, too loose in there. The other wheel was slightly tighter, but at least it wasn't air-locked.

I did notice some brake fluid under the actuator and now I'm hoping the master cylinder isn't leaking. I'll have to keep an eye on the fluid level I guess. I'm hoping it's just the reservoir overflow or residual oil from all the pouring during the bleeding process.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question on Tie-Down Vented Disc brakes...

Just to make sure, you do have a short piece of rubber brake line between your calipers and the main steel/rigid brake line right? I am pretty sure your calipers are the floating type so they need the flexible line.