Question on Rating/Ranks

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I have noticed that the rating/rank below a members name does not always agree with the insignia shown. For example LittleRayRay shows he is a Chief Petty Officer and an Ensign. Another one in the same post shows Rear Admiral and Vice Admiral. The Mods show Mod and then Fleet Admiral, or etc... is there a different meaning in the two "titles" or is this a fluke? I just recently noticed this and it is not all members, just a couple that i noticed it on.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Ha its cuz of a glitch I don't care about the ranks it's fun and let's you know who has been active and who hasn't but I think toneee has to manually change them himself

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
toneeees runs an update script when we notice this. The bottom rank is accurate based on post count and the upper rank should agree, except for Admins and Mods because those are positions, not ranks.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I know a lot of my posts are rank... :facepalm:

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Well that certainly clears things up for me. I now can see through MUD! :)

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
As long as the Fish Story begins with "You should have seen the one that got away, it was this BIG"

jbcurt00

Staff member
As long as the Fish Story begins with "You should have seen the one that got away, it was this BIG"
I think thats how The Discovery Channel Shark Week ads should start:

2 GreatWhites just cruising along 60yds from shore when 1 looks at the other and says that.
:watermelon: