Question about Welfare

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Question about Welfare

Originally posted by Ms Mayfloat:<br /> I think they should give these poeple that are on assitants help. Put them in school to learn a trade.
They will! I teach GED classes and some of these people get paid extra to come to class to earn a GED. Different programs out there some pay an hourly rate(better than minimum wage), some get a clothing allowance, and transportation money(gas, repairs, car). Most in the latter two programs will come long enough to get the allowance(12 hours class time) and then never return.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I think welfare is a great idea to help people out, I just have a problem with those that abuse it.<br /><br />I thought welfare reform tried to end the abuse and I am trying to figure out if it really did end the abuse.<br /><br />Ken

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

TEX there you go aging TROLLING. <br /><br />quote by TEXASSWHINNER<br />__________________________________________________<br /> Military Requirement: 20 years and check every month the rest of your life.<br />__________________________________________________<br />Tex as I have said in the past I am Retired US army 21 years and damb proud of that. In 21 years I spent about 7 of that gone or deployed around the world getting shot at or not being appreciated. I raised two daughters and spent far to many days away from them when they were growing up. Soldiers make those choices. Missed things like Birthdays, school functions, band concerts, in my opinion I deserve every penny I get.<br />So TEX you got a problem with Military retierment?

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ken I think its 5 years then their cut off. <br /><br />But there is always loop holes in the system and someone that does not want to work will figure out how to get money from the Guv-ment.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

not sure...doesn't a parent caring for a child get exception from welfare-to-work program? Also if you're working & still meet the low income criteria you can keep getting food stamps.<br /><br />byrdog I would have bet a sixpack you had to have work record to draw disability, but I believe ya. They have a way higher standard for "disabled" than private insurers...I think what that means is that honest citizens truly disabled get declined while fraudsters who can work the system, do.

txswinner

Banned

Booner, Yes, I do, how about start drawing retirement like the rest of the world, like at 62 or later.<br /><br />Deputy, You and many others suffer the tremendous high cost of medical insurance. Where does this come from? Go see who buys the new Mercedes Benz, lives in the 5000+ sq.ft. houses, belongs to the most expensive clubs, and enjoys the fabulous vacations. Yep MD follows many of their names.<br /><br />Yes they do spent many years in school but most of the cost is bore by you and I. They are also paid while interning and residency.<br /><br />Hard job yes, harder than others probably not a lot. Hold your lives in hands but when you die not their fault even in elective surgery. (See Tx. Medical Cap and Reform).<br /><br />Medicine is headed toward socialization, only because of excessive greed and this includes drug companies.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Booner:<br /> TEX there you go aging TROLLING. <br /><br />quote by TEXASSWHINNER<br />__________________________________________________<br /> Military Requirement: 20 years and check every month the rest of your life.<br />__________________________________________________<br />Tex as I have said in the past I am Retired US army 21 years and damb proud of that. In 21 years I spent about 7 of that gone or deployed around the world getting shot at or not being appreciated. I raised two daughters and spent far to many days away from them when they were growing up. Soldiers make those choices. Missed things like Birthdays, school functions, band concerts, in my opinion I deserve every penny I get.<br />So TEX you got a problem with Military retierment?
Hey Bud<br />Your wasting typing skills on the likes of TexasWhiner. Even though I enjoy his warped since of humor (and I really do) he doesn't have a clue whats its like to be called at 1 or 2 am and being on a plane at 4am flying to god knows where and to what your jumping into.. exercise or for real, or to whats its like to (even in peace time) be gone 6 months a year on training exercises.. peace be with you and enjoy your retirement as you earned it. <br />Link

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If its so good why doesn't texaswhiner enlist and get him some of that lush living?