Question about poly-u-foam?

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys! Just have some quick questions. I have just finished the new runners in my 14 ft. fiberglass vhull, then I poured the resin and hardener after I glassed the runners in and painted a smooth thick layer of it all over the floorring and those runners will nevers go anywhere ever. trust me! i put like gallon just for the coats after i glassed the runners twice. i'm on the gulf coast for it has to be tough for them islands i'm gonna be hittin. So now that proccess has passed i got another. IT'S Foam, I've seen the poly-u-foam at my marine hardware store and now i'm ready to get some to completely seal this boat UNSINKABLE. But how much do you get with the 2 quarts of the 2part pour foam. In another words would those 2 quarts be enough for a 14ft vhull. hope so! well my boat almost ready to go chase down the specks and reds. i'll show the picks when i'm done with it. Thanks! jag

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Question about poly-u-foam?

Jag... The two quart kit at 2 lb. density makes approximately 2 cubic feet... a little more on a hot day/little less when cold..<br /><br />Enough for what you need?<br />Check this out... http://www.shopmaninc.com/foam.html

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Question about poly-u-foam?

I've said this before. I like to mix in styrene shipping peanuts as filler. Saves foam, they're lighter than foam, they're free. The styrene doesn't react with P.U. foam, at least not any I've used. Test first in a little bucket or something.