question about how to properly sync carb with stator 35hp

66evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i got a 35hp westbend i hear they are very simular to chrysler and force outboards. i bought it its wasnt sync properly i got it working quite good now with some tinkering but now i would like to know how to properly set sync thanks in advance

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: question about how to properly sync carb with stator 35hp

OK, I found it in the manual. It's just about what I told you. There also is a full throttle "economizer link". Send me a pm with your e-mail address if you want a scan.

wickware

Lieutenant

I have a 1970 35 HP Chrysler with one carb which I feel should be adjusted with one carb vs sinc with no others. From a glance vs memory I feel the Clymer Manual suggest lightly seating the mixture screw and turn one turn out. I personally try to tune on the water (with help). Starting with the one turn, I tweak more and less to get my best performance (from a burst and WOT, LOL! Then add a tweak toward richness (1/8th turn to prevent too lean that can burn pistons). jow

wickware

Lieutenant

Please share more on the sync process. Is this related to some type of advancing or what related to performance? jow

66evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class

wickware it does effect performace big time, i can send u email with pictures and how to do sync process, if your interested send me your email i will send it to you

66evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class

f_r thanks for sending me that info on how to sync my west bend its never worked so good