Q6 surge brake actuator problem

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all, it,s been a while since I`ve been on the sight. Have been having a great time boating all summer with my Q6. I noticed on my last trip a larger than usual thump from my trailer tongue on starts and stops. I also noticed some fluid leakage from the brake surge actuator on my driveway. Has anyone changed this actuator before and what does it entail?

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Q6 surge brake actuator problem

I'm starting to notice all of those symptoms on my 2008 trailer too. YouTube videos makes the swap look simple...Hmmm.

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think it would be too tough to change. I just want to make sure I purchase the correct replacement the first time. Still.searching.

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thx brown skull. I think that link will help me find what I need.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Replacement is usually not a hard job. I included a link to a video on youtube. Maybe this can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7uBniFZ6g

Maybe there is one at this site that works for your trailer?

Trailer Brake Repair / Replacement Parts at Trailer Parts Superstore

That's the video I looked at to determine the difficulty of the repair...Thanks! BTW, nice profile picture of your dog. Could never get my dog to do that. Always have to coerce him into the water.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

That's the video I looked at to determine the difficulty of the repair...Thanks! BTW, nice profile picture of your dog. Could never get my dog to do that. Always have to coerce him into the water.

Thanks, she has been like that from when she was a puppy. She cost 50 bucks and is the best dog I ever had.