Purchased a 1977 CC WHAT IS IT???

stormwind83

Recruit
Hello all....so I recently purchased a 1977 Chris Craft at an auction. I've had a few others and know a decent amount ( about mostly newer ones).
This one from what I can tell is a 25' Sportsman, however, here's the kicker....
NONE of the few I've seen are set up like this one. I do not have the twin separate helm windshields (or any evidence of mounting holes), mine has teak all along the sides, rear bench seat in front of the transom with piano hinge folding large cooler/fishbox access with drain, all doors, and on the top of both helms and forward deck there is teak with the black caulking inlay that definitely looks original.
The boat has been recovered with fresh water cooled merc blocks. The wiring, gauges, gps, pumps, and just about everything has been updated.
Brand new Bimini and custom (very nicely done) button down seats with Chris Craft embroidery in the centers. New helm chairs as well.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230830_191401.jpg
    20230830_191401.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230829_193322.jpg
    20230829_193322.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230829_193145.jpg
    20230829_193145.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

stormwind83

Recruit
Hello all....so I recently purchased a 1977 Chris Craft at an auction. I've had a few others and know a decent amount ( about mostly newer ones).
This one from what I can tell is a 25' Sportsman, however, here's the kicker....
NONE of the few I've seen are set up like this one. I do not have the twin separate helm windshields (or any evidence of mounting holes), mine has teak all along the sides, rear bench seat in front of the transom with piano hinge folding large cooler/fishbox access with drain, all doors, and on the top of both helms and forward deck there is teak with the black caulking inlay that definitely looks original.
The boat has been recovered with fresh water cooled merc blocks. The wiring, gauges, gps, pumps, and just about everything has been updated.
Brand new Bimini and custom (very nicely done) button down seats with Chris Craft embroidery in the centers. New helm chairs as well.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

briangcc

Commander
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a WAG at this...

Was a hardtop/cruiser that someone whacked the hardtop off of to make what you see currently. Further, I'd guess if you pulled up the teak at the bow, you'd find mounting points for a windshield. Same for along the sides.

Total WAG.