?pump for my 1988 OMC 3.0l

Chris55

Cadet
I'm in the same "Boat", cant find a pump for my 1988 OMC 3.0l, all the ones i've gotten have the wrong arm, my pump is a carter 0-3035 stamped on the side

jbcurt00

Staff member
Chris, please avoid posting to inactive topics. After 90days w no new posts, treat them as for research only.

Moved your post to a new topic of your own

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
just do a google search for Carter 0-3035. you can find the replacment

Maclin

Admiral
Just a question, if the pump lever stroke is too long are there not thicker gaskets or even a shim to reduce that? Seems as there are certain pumps that go across different applications and some engines had to have something different in the pump-to-block mounting related to that.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
thats funny, I got a bunch of iboats threads on the subject

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
If you can't find the original Carter style pump that OMC used, why not look up what Mercruiser used, after all they used the same engine, you might have to re-work the fuel lines but it should not be that difficult. The other option would be to fab up a block off plate and install an electric pump.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
OMC 3853970, Carter M60889. difference is OMC/VP did not have the integral fuel filter (using a separate fuel filter)

buy the mercruiser one and go boating (Carter M60337)

you can buy Sierra 18-7282 which is what was on the Mercruiser one with the removable fuel filter.

380tom

Recruit
I had the same issue. I rebuilt the stock fuel pump with a rebuild kit for a Precision Fuel M22010 found at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $19.99. All the parts are an exact match.

Chris55

Cadet
carter.jpg
I had the same issue. I rebuilt the stock fuel pump with a rebuild kit for a Precision Fuel M22010 found at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $19.99. All the parts are an exact match.
This pic the arm is WRONG, mines bent down, i've bought several pumps all had to be returned, might have to remove the arm and swap over as the rest of pump is the same
Can you send me the link, all i see is the pump for $56, my motor uses a weird pump arm, mercruiser never used it, only OMC used a few years, it's not as easy as all of you are saying, have been looking for years now, got a free same boat last yr, the pump was broken....ohh well, thanks for your reply's

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Staff member

Chris55

Cadet
Please direct me to the pump rebuild kit for $20, mine also has the filter bowl facing up, where can ji find that filter, the rebuild kit i see online is just the diaphragm, looking for a kit like this from a mustang

Attachments

• er69841.jpg
    er69841.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: