pulley needed for anchormate

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have installed an AnchormateII in my boat, and to fine tune the installation, I need a pully like this, but with a piece over the top to prevent the rope from popping out of the pulley. I will be running the pulley over the top instead of under the pulley.

Capture.PNG

TerrryMSU

DixieDuo

Cadet
Re: pulley needed for anchormate

Do you know if those were ever installed in the Hydra Sports 178Vee line of boats? I have a 77' Hydra-Sport and it has two of those pulleys mounted in the hull mounted under what looks to be anchor cleats. This is our first boat and I am trying to find as much info as possible, but it is hard to do with such and old boat. Now if these are automatic anchor winches the boss (wife) will be happy. She hates having to tug up the anchor on her end while we fish.

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Can't speak to your specific question, however, the anchormate is a manual crank device, no batteries. For the 10 pound mushroom anchor I have it does crank easily, and it does store the line on a reel. If you need an electric anchor, there are a couple of manufacturers. Minnkota and powerwinch are both sold here on i-boats. Minnkota is probably better quality, but also more money.

http://www.iboats.com/Anchor-Winche...5768382--**********.167539255--view_id.217396

This link shows all three types of lower end anchor winches. (It is possible to buy really high end stuff for $500 plus. For me they were overkill and not necessary.)

By the way, I finally decided that I needed an eye, not a pully. Found one at my local West Marine. Pleasant surprise.

TerryMSU

DixieDuo

Cadet

Found out that the pullies I seen are ''anchor reins'' They haven't been used in a while and needed a good cleaning. Got the back one working good and now onto the front one.