protesting at soldiers funeral

tommays

Admiral
Re: protesting at soldiers funeral

i cant believe they will do this to many times and not be killed there pushing to many buttons<br /><br /><br />tommays

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That is exactly what they want. They want to be assalted or arrested, so they can get in the headlines.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

We live in a "free" society. A marvel, to the world.<br /><br />As much as I'd like to "collar" those idiots, it's their right.<br /><br />I speak, at the voting booth.

vipzach

Lieutenant

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> We live in a "free" society. A marvel, to the world.<br /><br />As much as I'd like to "collar" those idiots, it's their right.<br /><br />I speak, at the voting booth.
I realize it is their constitutional right DJ, I am just saying that it is completely wrong what they are doing and there approach to doing it. There is a time and a place for everything, and a funeral is not the time and place to protest a war. That is what upsets me, not that they are protesting, just how they are doing it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

T2F said, "JB would poof me and ban me from I-boats if I posted want I'd like to call these morons".<br /><br />You just need to work on your vocabulary, T2F. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

So now those idiots got the attention they wanted. If their towns citizens are as upset about thier actions as the above iboats members. I'm sure the town will deal with them someway somehow. The old saying "What comes around, goes around". I'm sure they will get some bad after effects from their protest.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Google Westboro Baptist Church and see what turns up.<br /><br />I did, because I was curious about the remark in the article that "this country" attacked the WBC with a plastic bomb in 1995.<br /><br />As a member of "this country", I resent that accusation. <br /><br />When I apply explosives to anything, it ceases to exist, in any way, shape, form or function.

D

DJ

Vipzach wrote:<br /><br />
I realize it is their constitutional right DJ, I am just saying that it is completely wrong what they are doing and there approach to doing it. There is a time and a place for everything, and a funeral is not the time and place to protest a war. That is what upsets me, not that they are protesting, just how they are doing it.<br />
Your consternation and anger are understood.<br /><br />I'm sure the founding fathers went through much more. As a matter of fact, I know they did. Most were executed.<br /><br />We MUST keep free speech alive, without it, your, and my thoughts, would be stifled. That, we DO NOT want. The "fathers" paid a price we should NEVER forget. Yet, we do.<br /><br />Thinking people see this "mouthpiece" for what she is/isn't.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Under certain circumstances you must have a permit to assemble and protest. Maybe these "protestors" could be held off by errors, or slow processing, or some other government BS. <br /><br />We all have the right to assemble and protest. We all have the right to say what we wish. But with these rights come responsibilities to others. These rectums obviously don’t want to accept those responsibilities. <br /><br />I can respect their opposing viewpoint, as an opposing viewpoint. But I can’t respect their choice of disrespecting the families of fallen soldiers. I do not agree with the war in Iraq. I think baby bush is playing army men with live soldiers. But I respect our troops. Our troops are where they, are doing what they are doing, because the idiot, I mean commander-in-chief sent them there. Our troops deserve our respect. Regardless of whether the war is right or wrong, regardless of your or my opinion on the war, our troops are serving us by serving our country. And when they make that ultimate sacrifice, they are giving us the ultimate service. It is too bad these misguided souls can’t get past their myopic viewpoint and see that what they are doing is WRONG. It may be a right, and that makes it legal. But that does not make it right or proper.<br /><br />We can only pray for God to exact vengeance.<br /><br />Maybe we should write sympathy letters to the families? Hate mail to the church, maybe? No bombs, or poison, just bad words.

KRS

Banned

Praising IED's is treason, plain and simple.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

they need to give the honor guard live rounds for these idiots. protest the war,the president what ever but leave our fallen soldiers and their family alone in their time of morning. Oklahoma is working on a law that would make it illegal to protest at a funeral.

PW2

Commander

Yet another example, if we needed another one, that mixing religion and politics is a bad, and often lethal, combination.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

There was a time and place for axe handles in the 60s/70s ... and apparantly in the new century, too. :(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Being a Retired Active Duty Soldier I would have lost it. :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />While on active duty I was involved in many funerals of active and retired vets. I have seen many outragous things and I was even spat upon by a widow while presenting the flag (she was mad and I preseneted her with the target and opportunity) but some things are expected. I did receive an apology after.<br /><br />I hope those people realize it is at the price of a soldier that gives them the chance to protest. :mad:

Tyme2fish

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> T2F said, "JB would poof me and ban me from I-boats if I posted want I'd like to call these morons".<br /><br />You just need to work on your vocabulary, T2F. :)
My vocabulary has increased to over 200 words!! However, expletive undeleted is really what I want to say about these "protestors". ;)