FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can anyone help me out in determining the proper height to set a 150hp Johnson on my 20 Whaler Outrage? The motor is currently mounted, though before I put the boat in the water I want to check it and move it if I need to.<br /><br />Thanks
Re: Proper mounting height for 150hp on 20' Whaler
Your proper mounting height (X dimension) depends a lot on what brand, style and type prop, load location (balance), setback (if any) and defined use.<br /><br />If this is a "new to you" rig, I would suggest to try it as is and establish your baseline. You cant determine how to get somewhere until you know where you are now.<br /><br />Good luck!