Propeller Update

SingleShot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For anyone that may be interested. The boat is a Tracker Tundra 18' sc with merc 125 hp 2stroke. With oem prop 12.75x21 3bld it runs wot 5000 at 45mph gps. Hole shot is slow to plane, acceleration is par. Cornering ventilation is the result unless you corner really soft. For Aluminum I guess you could say it's average for performance.<br /><br />I put on a MW ballistic 13 3/8 x 19 3 bld and the results were great. Acceleration was at least 2 fold better, as with planing time. Speed was a little slower, wot was 5200 which is at the top for this motor. It could be slightly under propped. Speed at 5200 45 mph gps. Cornering matter not, this prop stayed hooked up. Running at 5000rpm gave me a speed of about ~41 or 42 which for me was no big deal. Anyone looking for a stainless prop should take a look at the ballistic. Nothing but good things to say about it.<br /><br />SingleShot

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Propeller Update

thanks for the info, i am running an aluninum now, i was thinking of getting a stainless but $250 is alot to spend without knowing what type of performance increase you might get out of one. i think i will go with the ballistic prop after hearing your results.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Propeller Update

I bought a Stiletto through Overton's catalog this year to replace the 23 pitch alum. Can't believe the difference in hole-shot, trim-up and mph/rpm ratio. And I'd swear I'm getting better mpg's to boot! Definitely worth the $340 investment!<br />Happy Boating!<br />Brian