prop repair situation

philzone

Recruit
Hello, my name is Chris. This is my first post here, thanks in advance to everyone. I recently brought in my prop to repair a couple of bites out of the blade tips. When I picked up my repaired prop it wouldn't fit my boat. It was the same part number/serial number and pitch, it looked similar (but had been cleaned/painted so hard to tell of course) and had my last name written on it in grease pen. However when I tried to install it on my prop shaft the hub diameter didn't match up to the shaft. It was not the same prop. Im having a tough time understanding how this could be an error. Is prop repair done on exchange? Why wouldn't I receive my original prop back? Before I raise questions I'd appreciate some insight from anyone who may have an idea as to how this happened. Was my prop more desirable somehow and was swapped out without them realizing the hubs were different? Just an innocent mistake? Its a small town operation, not a large dealer or anything. Any thoughts?? Thanks guys.
Chris

batman99

Petty Officer 1st Class
When I get my props fixed, I always get the same one back. re: No exchange process. Me thinks it's just innocent mistake. If humans do the work, then honest mistake can/do happen. Return the prop you have and wait for the other guy (who has your prop) to return back to the small town shop as well.

philzone

Recruit
Thank you, sir. I thought that was the case. But I started thinking about it and my curiosity and paranoia got together and started messing with me. Dealer took care of me with a temp so not a big deal. It just seemed like an odd situation and unfortunately I've become rather cynical these days. Maybe its my age. Thanks again.