Prop question

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Prop question

Hasbeen;<br /><br />go to www.nauticusinc.com<br /><br />They are new, we started about five years ago from nothing and they are now available through most of the major marine retailers. Thank You

Tabman II

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Stratos,<br /><br />I am Thomas and I work for Bennett Marine in the client service department.<br /><br />Everyone has provided some very good information to help you improve the overall performance of your 290 F/S and ensuring the vessel is prop'ed correctly should be first and foremost before processing with any other aspects. Installation of a jackplate &/or trim tabs can further improve your hole shot & planeing times, so you should look into them to completely maximize your vessel's capabilities. I happen to be fairly familiar with the 290 F/S's hull design and understand the mounting limitations she poses for trim tab installation, so please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding same!<br /><br />Good luck with your project and let us know how it turns out!<br /><br />Sincerely,<br />MJ Thomas<br />Bennett Marine, Inc.<br />Client Services<br />trimtabs@earthlink.net<br />www.bennetttrimtabs.com

walleyehed

Admiral

nautiJohn and Tabman II, both are very interesting in how they work, and I can see WHY they work, but in my eyes, these will not work when you are in timber, running the electric up front. At times you are moving side to side, sometimes backwards....I can't help but say these would be timber-grabbers, and the end result being bent (or torn off) tabs.<br /> I would like to hear from someone who has used these on the type of lake I'm talking about.<br /> Don't get me wrong, I can see I have a need for what they provide-level ride in my case (left-right). :)

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Walleyehed;<br /><br />Thanks for the response. If you think that keeping the tabs at a horizontal position will still give you a problem then you could disconect the top of the actuator(on Smart Tabs) and pull the plates up close to the transom. Then when you are ready to go and / or out of the woods so to speak, snap the actuator back on and take off. Pulling the bass out od that stuff should be fun!<br /><br /> john@nauticusinc.com Nauticus, Inc (Smart Tabs & Mobster Tabs)

walleyehed

Admiral

nautiJohn, that sounds like a reasonable idea, and good info! I will be looking seriously at this.<br />Thanks! :)

Tabman II

Petty Officer 3rd Class

walleyehed,<br /><br />Our trim tab systems are much tougher than you think. The systems have to be to handle the forces they deal with day in & out in normal operation, so snagging a stump or some timber while you are working the bank won't be an issue. When they are installed correctly and fully retracted, the trim planes will be angled above the hull's running surface. This way you are able to run as if you didn't have trim tabs installed, since there will be times that call for this. With our system you can adjust each trim plane individually, on the fly using the trim tab control, to meet the changing sea & load conditions as you run from each fishing hole. This allows you to dial in just what you need when you need it! Also, many bass boaters are using our Auto Tab Retractor (AR512) to retract their trim tabs during their hole shot, since they are running jackplates along with the tilt/trim to maximize their hole shots and to make sure they reach the fishing hole first! <br /><br />If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me.<br /><br />Sincerely,<br />MJ Thomas<br />Bennett Marine, Inc.<br />Client Services<br />trimtabs@earthlink.net<br />www.bennetttrimtabs.com