Prop Cone '58 Johnson RDS-20 35 hp

CATransplant

Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
6,319
The cone for my prop is in pretty bad shape, but I'm not having much luck finding a replacement. This is the slip-on cone held with a cotter pin. It doesn't really look like it does much except to hold the prop on if the shear pin breaks, but I'd like to find a nice one. Any ideas?
 

Paul Moir

Admiral
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
6,847
Re: Prop Cone '58 Johnson RDS-20 35 hp

Twin City Outboards should have buckets of them, or you should be able to get one new from your local Johnny/Rude dealer P/N 305294 (about $4). <br />The nut fits later 28hp, 33hp and 40hp engines so it's very popular and shouldn't be hard to find at all.
 

CATransplant

Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
6,319
Re: Prop Cone '58 Johnson RDS-20 35 hp

Thanks! I guess I'll run out there...it's only about a half hour drive.
 
Top