prop change?

clubcar

Recruit
Newbie here...great forum. Need to replace my prop, Merc Alpha One, 1992, V-8, 20' Glastron, mostly used for cruising the river and ski/tube/wake board. Suggestions? Also, tips for replacing it myself?<br /><br />Thanks!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: prop change?

Dhadley is the guy I remebered who had some OMC and Merc prps on site. He might have the prop you need.<br />Welcome to the forum, and SA-WEET ski rig!!<br />There is a guy that puts-in in Alva every weekend with a simular rig...Idle zone is 1 mile long, and when he reaces the "resume safe operation"sign, he IS GONE,baby,with a huge grin on his face
smile.gif
<br />The prop is a breeze to swap out. Stick with the same one ,if you are happy with the way the boat performed. Also, I would sugest taking the old prop to a prop shop (also a good place to get a replacement), and have it rebuilt. You could then,stow it in the bilge,with new hardware,in a grease wrap.<br />It will come-in handy someday.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.