Project Triumph's

one more cast

Captain
Well, after about 10 years without building any projects due to my health, divorce, new house, and remarriage I have finally decided to see if I could handle another project. I won a '57 Triumph TR6 on ebay and went to pick it up yesterday. I stopped at Orange County Chopper for inspiration and then ended up bringing home the '57 plus a T120R. I am going to start on the T120R first but it will be a few weeks because after pricing garages I decided to wait on a new one so I have to empty out the old 19x19 garage that my Dad built from the old barn and get it wired up. Well any who...this is some of what I have to work with.<br />
projectTriumphs.jpg

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Project Triumph's

Well OMC, from the look of things ya got lots of room for improvement lol. Good luck and keep us posted. Lots of pics would be nice too.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Great, now my creative juices are running. Good Luck, have fun.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hmm wanted to see if you could handle another project.. now you have three going on BTDT :) <br />Id replace the hose clamps and replace them with threaded lines on the oil tanks.<br />BTDT also :eek: <br />Luck to ya and have fun.

D

DJ

What?<br /><br />Are you some kind of masochist?<br /><br />I used to work in a Triumph dealership.<br /><br />I thought the cars were cool and somewhat primative, which was an actual attraction.<br /><br />We called them "weekenders". They could NEVER make it through a weekend without coming back on the hook. And, we were noted for our Triumph expertise.<br /><br />The TR-6 was the most reliable, in competent hands, the Spitfire, TR-7 and TR-8 were absolute disasters. Can't speak for the bikes.<br /><br />"Lord Lucas" was blessing those "wonders".<br /><br />In all fairness, "Lucas" has redeemed themselves. They offer innovative, high quality products-NOW.

D

DJ

Is that why they call many: "Starving Artists"? :eek:

SoulWinner

Commander

Really cool OMC. Keeping busy is a great way to stay healthy.

one more cast

Captain

I don't like choppers but I love bobbers so some big changes are in store. I spent the day cleaning out the "New Shop" and am only about 1/3 done. way to much junk and its gotta go.<br />
shop.jpg

Twidget

Commander

They can evidently run pretty well. I had a friend while in the Navy that was riding his from Norfolk to the west coast during his transfer. He made it as far as New Mexico, and had a small incident. <br /><br />He said it was late at night and he hit a cow in the middle of the freeway. He flew over the bars, landed on his hands and broke both forearms in several places.<br /><br />When I met him, he had casts on both arms and screw/plates installed.<br /><br />Sorry about the horror story ending, but the Triumph evidently ran long enough to kill a cow in New Mexico.

Link

Rear Admiral

DJ <br />
We called them "weekenders". They could NEVER make it through a weekend without coming back on the hook. And, we were noted for our Triumph expertise.
Owned a 1975 Spitfire 1500...<br />Short "Day Trips" comes to mind LOL<br />But hey once you rewired the entire car and swapped out that motor.. <br />It was fun to drive... :D :D <br /><br />And yes One More Cast I have actually seen one 650 Triumph that did not leak oil and ran at the same time ;)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Have a 650 Bonneville...my pride and joy.

D

DJ

Looks like a job for " Garage Takeover". :) <br /><br />But, you still get to clean it out. :(

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Didn't the TR6 have 4 wheels???

one more cast

Captain

For the last couple of years I would open the garage door to clean it out and just get so overwhelmed that I would just close the door back up. Now that I have a project(s) to work on I am really going to town on this mess and it feels good to be motivated about something. What I can't sell or give away is going to the dump and not back in the barn. I'm pretty achy but I'm gonna Get R Done.<br /> <br />
By RPJS "Didn't the TR6 have 4 wheels??? "
The TR6 came in both 2 and 4 wheels

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Cool!!! I never guessed that someone would power a wheelbarrow with a Trimph engine! Leave it to the Brits!<br /><br />OMC, from the pics of the garage, it looks like cleaning it is a project in itself! I think you'll need some heat come November.<br /><br />Crusied on a Trumpet a few times when I was 13.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I had a hobby years ago where I would restore Triumphs. Mostly Spitfires (A few motorcycles too) but, I would go from frame up. Pretty easy to tinker with and work on. I used to get all my parts from Victoria British out of Lexana Kansas and they had just about anything for a car you would need.<br /><br />Ahhhh Lucas the Prince of Darkness! <br /><br />Best of luck with them. <br /><br />Bob

dolluper

Captain

Glad to see your up to such big tasks as cleaning up the garage now you have some motavation running keep it up you will feel better There is a great spot for British bike parts on the net out of London Ontario not England http://www.walridge.com/ Check it out it's great